Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me some info on there sizing? I wear a large in most everything. I have had a vemar, rf1000, hjc, agv, arai quantum and a scorpion all in large. The shoei was a perfect fit just a hair loose, the scorpion is a bit tight, the arai was the wrong shape and the rest the best I remember fit good. I dont know if I need a large or xl suomy. I dont have any dealers around to try them on at.

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
S.ga.rider said:
Can someone give me some info on there sizing? I wear a large in most everything. I have had a vemar, rf1000, hjc, agv, arai quantum and a scorpion all in large. The shoei was a perfect fit just a hair loose, the scorpion is a bit tight, the arai was the wrong shape and the rest the best I remember fit good. I dont know if I need a large or xl suomy. I dont have any dealers around to try them on at.
I wear a medium in the Suomy and the Vemar.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a large vemar carbon and it fit perfect. The suomy and the vemar fit about the same? If so I should be ok.

How do the 2 compare?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have Suomy, Arai, Shoei, Shark. Suomy runs smaller than all my other helmets, but if I step up to the next size, its a little big. You may just get smaller cheek pads instead of stepping up the size.

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
They both felt the same on my head out of the box. The Vemar may have been just a touch tighter.

The Vemar feels lighter. I've got the Carbon. The finish on the Vemar is touchy.. i.e. the clear wants to chip off in places around the bottom trim, but that's more my doing than the helmet's fault... i was putting one of those wind stopper liners in.

They both vent about the same. i think the visibility in the Vemar is a little wider.

I'd wear either helmet. I really wanted a Spec 1R Extreme, but don't like any of the graphics.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Suomy's tend to run a touch small. I wear a Large, i cant even begin to get a medium on my melon. A slightly snug helmet is a good thing.

whats this talk about measuring heads??? :badteeth: :beer:

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have an HJC AC11 and a couple of Shoeis. I just got a new Suomy Dragon and there is no doubt that it fits snugger than the aforementioned lids. I wear Medium in everything and went ahead and did the Medium for the Suomy too. I like snug though and my head shape fits the Suomys very well.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
i wear a large HJC and both my suomy's are XL, although i did end up getting thicker cheek pads for my spec1r to snug it up just a bit more.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I have a xl in arai. i bought a XL suomy extreme spec 1 off ebay and it fits fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts