Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im changing out my front sprocket to a 16t, i just went to my local parts store and grabed a sunstar sprocket cuz it was the cheapest. now ive been thinking about it and it must be the cheapest for a reason. has anyone run these sprockets are they good/bad or should i take it back and get an afam or vortex or...... i just dont want the thing to break off and do any damage. thanks:eek:ccasion1

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
could anyone help me out with this?? id like to dig in asap will im just sittin around today. thanks

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Never heard anything bad about sunstar sprockets. I doubt seriously that the sprocket is sub-par. I would go ahead and run it.

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah im searching them right now, i dont know why i didnt search it to begin with but im not hearing much bad about them i just dont want it to break apart also im wondering if i need spacers or if it just bolts right up

·
Registered
677 Posts
im changing out my front sprocket to a 16t, i just went to my local parts store and grabed a sunstar sprocket cuz it was the cheapest. now ive been thinking about it and it must be the cheapest for a reason. has anyone run these sprockets are they good/bad or should i take it back and get an afam or vortex or...... i just dont want the thing to break off and do any damage. thanks:eek:ccasion1

you already have sunstar sprockets:) also check your front rotor carrier, guess who makes that?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I just ordered a JT sprocket which is even cheaper than the sunstar, but has gotten all great reviews by past users. Just because it is cheap doesn't mean something is any less quality (in some cases). The company may just be being competitive, or they realize charging a shit ton of money for a simple piece of steel is robbery!

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HEY I INSTALLED THE SUNSTAR ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO AND I LOVE IT NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME I LOVE THE EXTRA POWER AND I DONT HERE ANY EXTRA NOISE EVEN THOW I CANT HEAR MUCH THROUGH MY HELMET. THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE!!!!:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
165 Posts
SunStar and JT are both high quality sprockets manufactured to tight tolerances in state of the art factories. No problems with either brand.

·
Registered
524 Posts
HEY I INSTALLED THE SUNSTAR ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO AND I LOVE IT NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME I LOVE THE EXTRA POWER AND I DONT HERE ANY EXTRA NOISE EVEN THOW I CANT HEAR MUCH THROUGH MY HELMET. THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE!!!!:eek:ccasion1
Don't hear any extra noise? Maybe that's cause your deaf from yelling at everyone. J/K LOL. Carry on. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just ordered sunstar 16t front and 41 rear w/ek chain. cant wait to get her together and twist the screw, I had a 16t front already but 40t rear. changing the chain and sprockets so I thought I would see how +1 on the rear would do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts