Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im going to start shopping for a new bike. I'm definitely still keeping my 10 because I love this bike but I just want another one for variety. These are the three that it's come down to. Please let me know your opinions and which one you would go for. Keep in mind Im going for the new models 09/10s

1) Hayabusa

2) KTM RC8

3) Aprilia RSV4-r (not sure on this one from the last thread I read about the engines dying on them)

I was leaning towards the busa just because its different. I have my 10 for the twisties and track and the busa would be for those looooong rides and possibly drag.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'd go with your thoughts on the busa....if you're going to have 2 bikes, they might as well be different right? Personally, i'm a bigger fan of the zx14 though.

I wouldn't let the engine trouble with the aprilias bother you at all. Those were pre-production machines, and you can bet all the problems will be sorted by the time you buy one. Lots and lots of bikes/cars/boats/whatever have pre-production problems....thats why they're "pre-production". It's like a beta test. You can't judge the final product based on them.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude I knocked on BUSA's for years but my buddy got a 08 busa and we swapped one day out riding.........MAN it felt good to sit on and comfortable. You could feel the power but in a different way. I actually liked it ALOT!:eek:ccasion1
I know what you mean, I have ridden them as well and they are comfy. There are a lot of people that say it's too big but Im not a small guy so I think I can handle the busa just fine and going through twisties is not it's intended purpose, thats why I have my 10. On top of everything else the gas gauge is a big + too.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
BMW KS 1300 - I've ridden my buddies and it's a better bike than the BUSA...lots more comfortable with the adjustable suspension option....clutchless upshifts are nice too, as is ABS.

He also has an RC-8 and they have a gas tank and oil leak issue for the first year they made them.....check that if you go that route...he is getting his fixed under warranty...

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I'd go Aprilia but that's just personal preference. I'm not into Busa's and don't have much of an interest in a KTM. Aprilia has always had a certain appeal to me.

Good luck with your future purchase.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Ducati 1198 all the way!!! I wish i still had my 1098. :sad:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I love kawi but I'm just not feeling the 14, I never have. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a beast but an ugly one. To me the busa is a lot more pleasing to the eye and internally they're about the same.

The busa doesn't handle as bad as most people think they do. My friend has one which I get a chance to ride every now and then and it's handing surprised me. As for the looks of the 09 / 10, I think they took a step back. The back end reminds me of a VW bug. If you get the side panel mod to replace the ugly fins on the ZX it looks much better.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
id have to say the KTM. i dont know what it is about that bike but its just so damn sexy. im not a fan of the hyabusa but i bet its like going from a go kart (you remember the one, with the plywood "race seat":lol:) to a Cadillac comfort wise.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Another vote for a Bus. Bought mine for basically the same reasons as you are talking about along with 2-up rides with the wife. They are perfect for that kind of stuff and great bikes all around.

Unless you can swing a third, fourth, or more bikes go for something different like Chubbs mentioned. Until recently I had five sportbikes in the garage and all but the Bus were "race replicas". It was cool for a while but I decided it was kind of a waste to have four bikes that did the same thing, basically. The only streetriding I've done for the past couple of years is long(ish) rides with the wife so all I have now is the Bus, the trackbike, and the 10R which I'm still trying to sell.

Sampled the KTM at the Indy GP the last couple of years and would definitely like a day with it and the Priller at a track but like you said, you've got the 10 which does a great job at that type of thing already.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'd go with the Katoom. I've had several and they have been excellent machines. Personally, I'd go with the SuperDuke. JMO. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
778 Posts
id go with the rsv4 factory that bike will be a beast!

·
Registered
239 Posts
id have to say the KTM. i dont know what it is about that bike but its just so damn sexy. im not a fan of the hyabusa but i bet its like going from a go kart (you remember the one, with the plywood "race seat":lol:) to a Cadillac comfort wise.
:+1: on the KTMmmmmm sexxy

·
Registered
22 Posts

Has to be the sexiest machine alive.
That with full akra race system ...

Then i'd say the RSV4

Any thoughts on the BMW S1000RR ?

·
Registered
198 Posts
rsv4-R, that bike is sick :eek:ccasion1