Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Im thinking of going up to a full system from my slip-on. I was leaning towards d&d until it seems like everyone says they're a crap quality can. I want LOUD, some of you may not like loud but I do so suggestions for ME would be helpful. Would a megaphone or something like that put out the biggest sound? Anyone with some product/sound knowledge on full system exhausts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey all,
Im thinking of going up to a full system from my slip-on. I was leaning towards d&d until it seems like everyone says they're a crap quality can. I want LOUD, some of you may not like loud but I do so suggestions for ME would be helpful. Would a megaphone or something like that put out the biggest sound? Anyone with some product/sound knowledge on full system exhausts would be appreciated.
Full systems aren't worth the money. Minimal gains that the average rider won't be able to exploit. Megaphone pipes....just suck. Racefit is nice. arrow, Akro, Striker if you care about quality!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
LOR....i just put one on about 3 weeks ago and i love it, if you want i have some vids of the exhaust just let me know

·
Registered
9 Posts
I second the LOR... love there cans... Plus the Owner is a SUPER cool guy with awesome support. But go with the long can as apposed to the 280... I think the 330 can.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
First of all what's loud to you? Loud gets old fast that's if it's all the time. My akra is louder than stock by a bit up until 6-7k then it screams but it isn't the loudest. My girlfriend has heard me blocks away in rush hour.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Full systems aren't worth the money. Minimal gains that the average rider won't be able to exploit. Megaphone pipes....just suck. Racefit is nice. arrow, Akro, Striker if you care about quality!!!
So you're saying the sound difference between a slip-on and full system are minimal and I should just stick with the slip-on?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First of all what's loud to you? Loud gets old fast that's if it's all the time. My akra is louder than stock by a bit up until 6-7k then it screams but it isn't the loudest. My girlfriend has heard me blocks away in rush hour.
Here is the can I am running now, dont mind the scratches from when I dropped it lol.

This can is decent sounding, but I am just looking for something a little more beastly. Imagine a harley with vane and hines shortstack staggered...just mean sounding. I have always liked loud on motorcycles and I am wanting to find a street can that can satisfy that.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Power Gains on a full system are not that great but it has allot to do with weight the stock headers are stupid heavy remember there stainless on a gen3 not titanium like all other gens.

If you could get a full system for about the price of slip on why wouldn't you (search for cheap full yoshimura systems).

I really like the look of Racefit but not with the Racefit Tax lol.

If you want it louder just remove your slip on instant loud:)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Lor

I would defiantly recommend the LOR, I have one and its pretty loud! The LOR will get rid of the big exhaust collector to and make the bike noticeable lighter. I didn't know D&D still made pipes they were always the loudest but didn't make the most power. I think a Brocks alien head sounds the best! No megaphones please!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts