Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking for some good detailing products for my matte gen 5. Tried a few but haven't found anything I really like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
On my matte black RSV4 i found the best thing to use was actually Harley Davidson Denim Paint Cleaner, worked a treat

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use Nanolex products on mine works amazing stays attend and bugs pretty much slide off. Not cheap though but get the sealer shampoo and final finish.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Stay away from plexus on matte bike it defeats purpose as it will shine it when it's suppose to be dull.
Not really. I have several pieces of matte black and grey on bikes and helmets and it only cleans and protects. For example I have a Shoei RF1200 in Matte Black. I spray plexus all over it and the gold iridium face shield. Then I wipe it with one side of the cloth to remove the bugs and crap. Then with the other side of the cloth I buff it. It simply cleans the helmet. It is not like back to black or trim restore or armor-all that will give black pieces a false shine.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Not really. I have several pieces of matte black and grey on bikes and helmets and it only cleans and protects. For example I have a Shoei RF1200 in Matte Black. I spray plexus all over it and the gold iridium face shield. Then I wipe it with one side of the cloth to remove the bugs and crap. Then with the other side of the cloth I buff it. It simply cleans the helmet. It is not like back to black or trim restore or armor-all that will give black pieces a false shine.
Well to each their own. But armor all is a protectant. Plexus is a wax/polish cleaner protectant it does it all. Also cuts down on static. I like and have used plexus for years and IMO over time it'll ruin/shine/polish matte finish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts