Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the purchase in October of the 10r, I usually ride very sensibly on the I-5 freeway up in our area. The State Troopers have planes and lots of cars out on a regular basis. Well, I did the unthinkable squidlishous move tonight. After work, a "shit talker" at work who just bought a Subaru Lagacy GT (suppose to have a killer engine) challenged me to a roll on down the freeway. Well, cant let that happen when he woulda talked shit forever. Started about 60 and went. I love my 16t CS. The bike jumped out like a raped ape and kept going. I hit 175 on the speedo (dont know what that was do to the gearing change) and looked back to see a distant grey subaru trying to catch up. He said he hit 140 and I was pulling away fast. Went one more time, but just stuck next to him giving him the thought he was doin good, till about 120. After that rolled it open and said "later"!
We'll see what his excuse is tommorrow. So, dont flame me too much, it was the first time a car actually challenged me. It was fun, but was waiting to see red and blues in the distance.

·
Registered
325 Posts
NWZX10 said:
Since the purchase in October of the 10r, I usually ride very sensibly on the I-5 freeway up in our area. The State Troopers have planes and lots of cars out on a regular basis. Well, I did the unthinkable squidlishous move tonight. After work, a "shit talker" at work who just bought a Subaru Lagacy GT (suppose to have a killer engine) challenged me to a roll on down the freeway. Well, cant let that happen when he woulda talked shit forever. Started about 60 and went. I love my 16t CS. The bike jumped out like a raped ape and kept going. I hit 175 on the speedo (dont know what that was do to the gearing change) and looked back to see a distant grey subaru trying to catch up. He said he hit 140 and I was pulling away fast. Went one more time, but just stuck next to him giving him the thought he was doin good, till about 120. After that rolled it open and said "later"!
We'll see what his excuse is tommorrow. So, dont flame me too much, it was the first time a car actually challenged me. It was fun, but was waiting to see red and blues in the distance.
you took a chance getting a ticket? did you bet him on covering the ticket whoever lose? i would.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We had an Eclipse try to keep up with us last night. Half the guys didn't even know he was there. Well after 10 or 20 seconds he began to fishtail in a turn. He hit the wall head in then spun to hit the back. He came close to taking 3 of us out. Believe it or not we all stopped. The clown was ok and so was his girlfriend just a bit banged up but the car is totaled.
Moral of the story...
Stay away from cars that think they can run with a sportbike!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn. I try to stay as far away as possible, with the throttle.

Regarding tickets, we didnt go too long, the stretch we were in was the least watched. Still risky I know, but sometimes you just have to say fuck it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts