Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well sad to say this but.....

i am selling my zx-10r...... its for sale locally, and so far i had one person look at it..... i hate to do it, but after what happened last sunday... i have to.

the story....

well, i just got back from basic traing about 3 weeks ago, and this past sunday was the first time i got to take the 10 out. well stupid me, i got a little to rambunchus (dont know how to spell) and started to do excessive speeding, and lane splitting. to be exact, what they charged me, is i was doing 160+ in a 50 mph zone, lane splitting, driving to endanger, and wreckless driving. yes it is my stupidity, that leads me to sell this beast but, i need to really stop, and find my maturity in riding. i dont want to kill anyone around me, destroy my bike, or kill myself. so the riding is going to end for now, and my possible deployment to iraq is also a concern too.....

ill still be frequent but, just wont be riding.....

p.s. - ill probably part out the akro s/o shorty too, estimating about 375 shipped, somewhere in that area...

·
Registered
969 Posts
Pic????? and how much??????????????

·
Registered
362 Posts
Oh, I bet your Chain of Command had a field day with that. From what I have heard all motorcycle accidents (not for sure on violaitons) have to be reported all the way up to the FORSCOM Commander. I really feel sorry for the grief you might be into. That is if you are active duty?

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oz914 said:
Pic????? and how much??????????????
not a scratch on it, and ill post a pic tomorrow (too dark out right now), im gonna see how much its going to cost to ship in the U.S. the ill make a price from there

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Not sure what the Laws are in your state but if all the charges are misdemeanors you may be able to get a good lawyer and never step foot in a court room. Get a lawyer that will drag it out over a year, he or she could even use the “my client is in Iraq” thing to help the plea bargaining. The main thing is you don’t want to have to tell your military command you can’t leave because you have court dates. This will enable you to cause no burden on the Military and help save your career as well. Good luck

bloo

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
yeah the corps would have had a field day with those charges but i'm glad your gonna hold off for the right reasons. Good luck in your endevors. maybe i'll see you out there. oorah.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
...umm dude, I'm surprised they didn't take you to jail (my luck, they would have). Glad no one was hurt, and that you have realized the err of your ways. I hate to see anyone part with their ride, but in this case perhaps it's best. Good luck in your endeavors, and thanks for serving our country! :eek:ccasion1

D

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pressley10r said:
might be a stupid question but, how exactly did they catch you if you were doing 160? :dontknow:
well like i said i was out "riding" it, and i came up to a light that turned red on me quick so i stopped..... then all of a sudden i seen 3 cops com flying up behind me. they had me move to the side, and said "you know we have been chasing you for a few miles now?"..... i didnt know, i had no idea they were behind me, as for if i knew they were behind me, i wouldnt have stopped, cause i know i could have been arrested right then and there for what i did.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I love when the cops ask you "didnt you see us behind you" well i stated one time no i didnt see because i was paying attention on speeding, the cop thought that was humorous and let me off on a little ticket instead of a $600 one

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Titanium said:
i wouldnt have stopped, cause i know i could have been arrested right then and there for what i did.
Sorry to hear of your episode but it sounds as though you've made the right decision based upon your antics AND had you known they were chasing you and you chose not to stop may have been the biggest mistake by paying the ultimate price with your life so perhaps it went down as a blessing in disguise. Being arrested is far better than the alternative me thinks.

BD

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe i can cure all this and buy a ................

harley davidson - atleast i know i cant go fast enough to hurt myself, and i know all cops love H.D.s

·
Registered
516 Posts
Titanium said:
maybe i can cure all this and buy a ................

harley davidson - atleast i know i cant go fast enough to hurt myself, and i know all cops love H.D.s
It's the only bike they can catch.:crackup:

·
Registered
250 Posts
So what's the real deal??? :dontknow: Did you lose your license or is it insurance cost thats killing you?

I just dont know too many people that would sell their beloved bike just to mature. If that is really the only case, I hope you get well soon!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts