Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
watching the news and they show kids on bikes doing wheelies on the freeway. now the highway patrol is asking the public for help. if they see anything. the highway patrol is asking to get the numbers off the plate. this is going to be open season for sportbike riders here. pass a car. bam!. someone turn you in for a legal pass. all young kids the news showed. I know what its like to be young, but they are fucking everyone else here. I'm so piss right now. I'm seeing orange on my screen. a few fuckin squids are making alot of us sitting ducks.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
The local PD here was doing the same thing. Too many fatalities. They recommended that the general public take pictures of any sport bikes that they see being driven in an "unsafe manner" with their cel phones (like that would stand up in a court of law). So anyone who just doesn't like sport bikes can become a vigilante. Even if the sport bike isn't doing anything wrong.

I have met the enemy and he is us.....

·
Registered
583 Posts
:bitchslap Same here Mike. Dam young'en's on 600s smokin the smokies and making it hard on my ole no run ass!! :rant: I've had to stat rods work'n my ass hard. :helmet:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure you can remember the old three wheels atc honda made. the goverment took them out when enough people got hurt. As soon as one kid gets killed while doing a wheelie on the freeway. people are going to turn everyone in. it's bad enough the law target us.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yes I remember the atv thing. While I worked for a kaw dealer I had take a model to fed court for the jury to see.It was a law suite for 5millon and the dam thing had been through 4 owners.It can happen , :bump:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
no shit. If you want to do wheelies do it offroad or on a private road (I don't recommend private for civil reasons) but have some common sense and don't do it on the f***ing highways and freeways. Even the best faulter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used to have a turbo Kawi in the 80's, huh, I wonder whatever happened to the production turbo bikes? I remember when all the diving boards left swimming pools in all the Hotels and Motels. I remember when there wasn't a Motorcycle endosement on Drivers licenses, if you could drive a car you knew the rules of the road. Didn't they already detune the Busa so it wouldn't do 200. Small 50 cc four wheeler production stopped for some years because kids were getting killed. I'm sure if I sat here long enough this list could go on and on.

In the great country of Canada they have crime stopper bill boards posted everywhere telling everyone to call the police when you see a violator. In Washington State I used to Love those HERO signs on the Highway, use your cell phone and report a violator. Shoot pretty soon I'm going to have to win the lottery so I can buy an Island and tell the world to kiss my ass.

My message is Big Brother is upon us already, are you your brothers keeper?
Because if you are, you can kiss my ass. Mind your own business fuggin do gooder. :moon:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Kawigreen99 said:
People can call in your plate number and say whatever they want, but you can't get in trouble for anything unless a cop sees you do it.

Yeah your right, they have to see it. Here's how its done in Washington: I ride by you, you get the ass and call the fuzz, the fuzz waits for me up the road with radar, I get busted, you ride by me laughing, I remember your car and license plate. I pray I see you or your car again. OR In Washington State again, I'm not wearing my seatbelt, you ride by me and see that I don't have a seatbelt on, you call HERO and I turn off the next exit. Nothing happens that day but two weeks later I recieve a little post card from the state of Washington telling me that a citizen saw me driving without my seat belt and if I had been caught by the fuzz it would have cost me a hundred bucks. I'm glad I don't live in that state anymore.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Get 10 or 20 friends together and make about 20 to 30 calls apiece EVERY night for 2 or 3 weeks reporting minor vehicle infractions you see cagers doing.
Repeat until the PD gets tired of answering the phone.

·
Registered
92 Posts
:sad: In the Uk at the moment there is lots of talk of using ASBO's (anti social behavoir orders) for this very thing.

So if you piss you neihbours off & they ring the police a couple of times, you'll have your bike crushed & a curfew / fine imposed on you

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Choowonit said:
:sad: In the Uk at the moment there is lots of talk of using ASBO's (anti social behavoir orders) for this very thing.

So if you piss you neihbours off & they ring the police a couple of times, you'll have your bike crushed & a curfew / fine imposed on you
crushed like in the junkyard. That is taking it to far, but when people had enough of these squids. I guess something like that will happen.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
zeta xray said:
The local PD here was doing the same thing. Too many fatalities. They recommended that the general public take pictures of any sport bikes that they see being driven in an "unsafe manner" with their cel phones (like that would stand up in a court of law). So anyone who just doesn't like sport bikes can become a vigilante. Even if the sport bike isn't doing anything wrong.

I have met the enemy and he is us.....

But, they aren't supposed to USE their cell phones in a moving vehicle in many states. Is the driver going to get in trouble for that? Courts get a 2 for 1 deal? Besides the resolution on the cell phone pics is so low, how could they prove anything? And to get a close up of the tags, while the violation is occuring then the driver would be operating his car in an unsafe manner. Maybe we should stand on the street corners and film government vehicles running red lights, improper lane changes, etc.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
11.5 said:
Yeah your right, they have to see it. Here's how its done in Washington: I ride by you, you get the ass and call the fuzz, the fuzz waits for me up the road with radar, I get busted, you ride by me laughing, I remember your car and license plate. I pray I see you or your car again. OR In Washington State again, I'm not wearing my seatbelt, you ride by me and see that I don't have a seatbelt on, you call HERO and I turn off the next exit. Nothing happens that day but two weeks later I recieve a little post card from the state of Washington telling me that a citizen saw me driving without my seat belt and if I had been caught by the fuzz it would have cost me a hundred bucks. I'm glad I don't live in that state anymore.

Yea, you gotta love the Peoples Republiks that the west (left) coast is becoming.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the veido they showed on the news was taken by a family. Three bikes in all. 2 suk.1 yamaha. they were in the middle lane and they were doing stand up wheelies and passing cars. The mini van was doing 65mph. if any of them would have fallen off. you now have body and bike bouncing around with cars slamming on there brakes not to hit them with might cause more accident. I do whelies, but i do it when i'm alone. to many unmake police cars and i don't do it on the freeway passing cars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts