Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i went for a ride with some of my buddies on sunday morning, and we come to this gas station with about 8 sportbikes parked. we stop and shoot the shit for awhile, well two of the guys follow us. One was on an aprilla (not sure what model, but NICE) and the other on a ducati 999, both is dainese leathers and what not....well we get to the roads, and me basically cruising i am faster then them! just bugs me when they people spend all this money and dont give the bike what it wants!!!!! ok im done ranting now...by the way at a bike shop watched a jetski role into a brandnew 08 CBR1000, it looked amazing on its side! :thumbsup::lol:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Is it just that you aren't rich enough to buy nice kit that bugs you. I feel that now I've reached an age where I can pay for 'toys' and spend a lot of money then I deserve it. Doesn't bother me that people are faster than me with non matching kit on shittier/slower bikes.

Get a better paid job and stop dripping, or wait until you can afford matching kit.

·
Registered
97 Posts
how do you know for sure that you were actually faster than those guys? did you ask them for a race?

maybe they were just cruising too

·
Registered
724 Posts
I would love a Ducati...but it all comes down to maintenence cost and frequency, reliability, aftermarket prices, and purchase price. The ZX10 beats what I was looking at on all counts.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
how do you know for sure that you were actually faster than those guys? did you ask them for a race?

maybe they were just cruising too
In addition just because they are suited up properly with their more expensive bike & garb does it necessitate they go at your pace or a pace not assoc with owning such??? another caveat is perhaps they save their aggressive riding for trackdays and not public roads. :dontknow:

BD

·
Registered
92 Posts
ok so i went for a ride with some of my buddies on sunday morning, and we come to this gas station with about 8 sportbikes parked. we stop and shoot the shit for awhile, well two of the guys follow us. One was on an aprilla (not sure what model, but NICE) and the other on a ducati 999, both is dainese leathers and what not....well we get to the roads, and me basically cruising i am faster then them! just bugs me when they people spend all this money and dont give the bike what it wants!!!!! ok im done ranting now...by the way at a bike shop watched a jetski role into a brandnew 08 CBR1000, it looked amazing on its side! :thumbsup::lol:
ok so.. becuase they have more money then you, and can buy better things then you, but they went slower.. they are pricks??

wow...

a little bitter? how bout you get a better job then you can buy fun stuff too without it hurting your bottom line..

·
Registered
667 Posts
Those guys were Colin Edwards & Nicky hayden out for a day of pleasure.

I'm surprised you didnt recognize them.

But, hey, they aren't near as fast as you! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
In addition just because they are suited up properly with their more expensive bike & garb does it necessitate they go at your pace or a pace not assoc with owning such??? another caveat is perhaps they save their aggressive riding for trackdays and not public roads. :dontknow:

BD
:+1:

·
Registered
667 Posts
No! you got it all wrong. You have to be mad at them becuase they work hard and have more money then you! Duh! :headshake

I guess someone has failed to realize that the public roads are not a race course...........probably because they havent been on a real race track........and probably their ego will never allow them....or their girlfriends. :lol:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'm sure they were just cruisin' around. Just because you wear a track suit doesn't mean you fly everytime you ride. They could've been from out of state. I wear one of my suits 90 percent of the time, (yes, one is a Dainese and yes I go fast) but that doesn't mean I'll go balistic every time, all day long. Respect other riders, even if they don't go as fast, there just out riding for enjoyment.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
I'd love to have more bikes...But the thing stopping me is being married. If not I would be on 5 bikes.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok guys i think you may have gotten me wrong. first off...they talked alot of smack at the gas station. and two they were behind us and then go flying past us and two cars that were in front of us.... So after those cars turned we caught them and thats what i was talking about. But i have nothing against those bikes and i wasnt saying that at all cause i cant "afford" one.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
first off...they talked alot of smack at the gas station. and two they were behind us and then go flying past us and two cars that were in front of us....
Probably should have put this in your first post - maybe you wouldn't have gotten flamed so bad. :idea:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts