Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the diff between regular and supersport line diameter and why would I want/not want either? I ride as a commuter during the week and spirited jaunts in the mountains on the weekends...

Thanks.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Thinner bore brake lines will give you a different feel , they wont improve braking power just the amount of effort you need to control the pressure.

Braided lines will also control the feel by having less room for expansion so more of the pressure applied is sent directly to the caliper rather than expanding the rubber hose.

The pads and rotor combination give you the stopping power , the amount of pressure to stop is controlled by the rider and can be adapted to suit your needs by changing cylinder sizes and line sizes.

You can apply the same amount of pressure with any combination depending on how hard you squeeze the lever , it all depends on how you like to stop.

I.e for the 24 hour race at Daytona we use a different size master cylinder to allow the drivers to have more pedal and less effort to brake , this is for one reason only, to stop them getting cramps in their legs , the stopping distances dont change, 2000lbs of pressure at the caliper will still stop the vehicle in the same amount of time, just depends on how much movement you want to apply the pressure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts