Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You know I am probibly going to get jumped on for this, but this is my opinion and I am sticking to it....:thefinger

Every time I go ride here in Houston now I run across these so called "stunters" with there cycle gangs and biker boy jackets and mohawks on there helmets...

I am not a stunter by no means, but I have grenaded a couple of clutch baskets and motors rockin a standup for a little while...:badteeth:

I like stoppies, standups, flamingos, sking, and christ, but I don't leave my house to go ride and drop my tire pressure or bolt up my 12 o'clock bar or cage...

I love the twisties, but I love to act foolish too...:wink:

I guess I am just venting, because when "stunting" first started, there where no cages or 12 o'clock bars or dropping tire pressure or 60 tooth sproket, you rocked a wheelie at 100+, that shit was dangerous!!!

Now if your getting drug by your bike at 5mph or doing a circle wheelie at walking speed your the shit, I am NOT saying that it doesn't take skill, but its not for me...

Thats why you see guys jumping on P.O.S., smashing the tank and they are calling themselves "stunters"...:headshake

Now, I know there are some talented people out there who can ride, like Darius Khashabi, Kyle Woods, Jason Britton, and alot of other OLD SCHOOL pro's who have proved themselves in the past...

I am just sick of all the SQUIDS running around calling themselves riders, stunters, ruff riderz and all the in between....:heyyou:

Let the shit talking begin...

·
Registered
159 Posts
I will have to agree with ya man. The Starboyz were cool when no one else was doing it. I love two ride long wheelies too, but it does seem that the new generation of stunting is attracting a bad crowd.

·
Registered
641 Posts
The only stunting move I'd love to learn is a circle wheelie. Can already do good stoppies and wheelies. Can't do stand-ups anymore though since I have a bad knee. Can't have that give up while I'm pulling it up.

The thing that bothers me about stunting is that their bikes look like pooh. And yeah, I don't ride with anyone that wears a "mohawk" on top of their helmet.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I had my buddy let me ride his "stunt bike" that he does circle wheelies on, and I almost looped it...

It has like a one up front sprocket and a 15 teeth bigger rear sproket on his 636, it is a twitchy as a crack head in a crack house...

Its really about balance, not control, they have handbrakes, 12 o'clock bars, and cages, so if you wreck nothing breaks, and at worst you get a skinned elbow...

But on the other side of it, when me and him go riding, and he is on his gixxer he can't shift in a long standup and ends up running out of gear...

Also he is not real keen on the twisties...

I LOVE movies like ALL TWISTED AND PUCKED UP , cause it shows real skill!!!

NOW thats my kind of riding...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
539 Posts
dropping the tire pressure is for someone that doesnt know what they are doing...real speople that know how to stunt dont drop their tire pressure...think of how would you do a slow circle one the back tire with no air in it??...u cant

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
could not agree woth you more g-note, i started riding when sbfreaks put out their first vids and i loved watching their sheet. I cant even watch new stunt anything. Granted i dont wheelie close to as much as i used to, if at all, but can still rock at BP all day if i get itchy. Riders/riding is not what it once was, per say.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,132 Posts
Wheelies, stoppies, I can't do any of the stuff but do like watching and give props to the one who can. It just not my thing.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I started stunting in 2002 and did it till 2008 the prob with stunting is all the tricks have been done! there not allot left, I got board with it and quit in 2008 I was in a few moves "Passion and Brotherhood" JD-2,JD-3,2scs-6, and a hand full more, but stunting is not hard anymore it's all brake control, we have hand brakes for all off peg stuff... so there was no more SS ( seat stander) wheelies at 80 mph at BP where if shit goes wrong you loop, now it's just grab some Hand brake imo it lost all it's skill level with HB's!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,187 Posts
The next major breakthrough will be the stunting technology. Similar to Traction Control and ABS, soon the you'll be able to mount an ECU-type device to your bike, hit a button on the clip-on, and the bike will go right to the balance point for the wheelie.

I agree, the old school stunting was by far the best. Stock bikes and long wheelies were the shit! Now everybody throws a spine protector on over the wife beater, mounts some dirtbike bars to their F4i, and hits up the parking lots. Lame.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
dropping the tire pressure is for someone that doesnt know what they are doing...real speople that know how to stunt dont drop their tire pressure...think of how would you do a slow circle one the back tire with no air in it??...u cant
I DO NOT stunt BUT i know a shitload of people here in Houston who do and if you ask anyone of them or look at their bikes when they're doing the "parking lot" thing....all of them drop pressure in the rear tire! know what you're talking about before you start bumping your gums buddy, it's easier to do anykind of slower wheelies with lower pressure in the rear tire. that's a fact.:thumbsup: and Urban Assault was and still is one of my all time favorite stunt vids!!!! back when Britton was still making a name for himself. then you have all the las vegas extreme's and so on.I've still never tried to intentionally do a stoppie but i'll rock a standup for as long as i have room and rpm's!!!!! and outside the city where there's not alot of traffic either...don't wanna end up a damn speedbump OR hood ornament!!

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

yes you can! the only reason people run higher PSI now a days if for drifting you cant drift on a 15psi tire, I can do circles all day on a flat tire!

·
11,423 Posts
Originally Posted by kuziken10r View Post

yes you can! the only reason people run higher PSI now a days if for drifting you cant drift on a 15psi tire, I can do circles all day on a flat tire!
:ayyy: Thank you!!!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally Posted by kuziken10r View Post

:ayyy: Thank you!!!!! :mrgreen:
yo chill out bro...sorry im not a damn stunter i stand corrected but i dont need three posts bashing me...chill out

·
11,423 Posts
yo chill out bro...sorry im not a damn stunter i stand corrected but i dont need three posts bashing me...chill out

Only 1 post from me to you man........no bashing intended either, I was just stating a fact is all and then agreed with ZX10Rracer. where's the problem in that?

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
I dont stunt,.other than a few standups here or there on the freeway,.......but i do give props to those who can!........hell,.If I was younger like most of you guys,.i would prob buy a zx6r and deck it out with the cage and all and start,.but Im rounding 40 and with my luck, I would prob break a hip and be outta work for 6 months,.hahahhaha!!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I cant do a decent wheelie for the F of me

but I give the guys props that can

I can power 1st gear, comes up about a foot and then I drop it down, scared of looping it

how do I fix this guys

·
11,423 Posts
I cant do a decent wheelie for the F of me

but I give the guys props that can

I can power 1st gear, comes up about a foot and then I drop it down, scared of looping it

how do I fix this guys
Practice man, find somewhere you can go out away from everyone and just start getting use to the bike and what rpm and gear you're comfortable with and all. i mean i am no stunter but give those guys props, but just get the feel of the bike and your body position while you're working towards a good balance point. i mean i can't ride one at 120 for 3 miles or anything either but..:lol:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,053 Posts
I try to get at least one wheelie in every time I ride. I love to see the guys do the long stoppies. Still Im not a big stunting fan even though I can appreciate what it takes to do it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts