Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at getting an 89 zx10 with only 10000 miles freshly restored, i wasnt going to get a 1000 but i want something big enough to stunt and not hurt the engine. I just sold my 09 gs500f i put 2000 miles on over 2 month and had a 2 stroke honda cr85 dirt bike before this and was just getting good at the balance point before that. Question is, am i crazy for wanting a bike this big? I feel like i could handle going slow in the streets but i dont want to kill myself before i turn 20

·
Registered
641 Posts
"1989" ?

Not to worry about killing your self, 1989 zx10 no where near what the
ZX10's of today are.

That bike only puts out the HP of todays
current 600's and weights around 580lbs.
Which makes it pretty much a dog.

Not sure sounds like a good stunt bike to me.
I'd be looking for a rashed up late model zx6

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
89? As in 1989??? As in 27 years old? The ORIGINAL ZX-10???

Yeah, What Bottoms said. That bike is a pig compared to today's liter rockets. You'd need some serious mods to make that into a race bike, let alone a stunt bike. It would be considered a Sport Touring bike in today's world. But, anything is possible with enough money, time, and motivation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kinds of things do bikes need to handle regular stunting, u cant find a straight answer besides siders or a cage

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Im looking at getting an 89 zx10 with only 10000 miles freshly restored, i wasnt going to get a 1000 but i want something big enough to stunt and not hurt the engine. I just sold my 09 gs500f i put 2000 miles on over 2 month and had a 2 stroke honda cr85 dirt bike before this and was just getting good at the balance point before that. Question is, am i crazy for wanting a bike this big? I feel like i could handle going slow in the streets but i dont want to kill myself before i turn 20
There are so many variables, and the rider is one of those....
I got nothing....:|

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sliders, cage, big ass rear sprocket, flat bars, hammered tank, foot rest cut into pillion seat, sturdy pegs in place of pillion pegs, high idle switch, rear brake lever on left and right bars (3 total). The list goes on. That's just the basics.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I was reading your title and then this. All I could think was, man this person must be a teenager. And then you said it. The bike you get depends on how much money you want to spend. It sounds like you need a salvaged bike. Maybe get a z125pro to learn how to stunt? I have no idea.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Id say what Bottoms Up said, find a late model, rashed up 6R. Thatd be something cheap to pick up and learn to stunt on, and its not a shiny, prestine bike. With stunting, youre chances of hitting the ground go up quite a bit. A cage is a good starting spot. Youll still need good gear too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
And it's not like stunting doesn't put extreme strain on the bike. Having an old bike like that isn't going to do you any favors. Newish salvage 600cc bike is what you need.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts