Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put about 1200 miles on my 2007 zx10R in 2 weeks, its been great except for a recent stumble issue.

After the bike has been warmed up and I'm cruising a long, if I pin it at WOT to pass someobody (in 2nd gear) the bike will bog and not do anything for a second or two and then finally take off. Also, if I were to back off the throttle quickly and then snap it open again it seems to take right off.

The bike has 3400 miles on it, I bought it at 2700. Not sure if its had any work done to it, it will be getting its oil changed shortly.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just seems to run a little rough in every gear, clear out in the upper RPM's.

I'm very new to bikes, but I don't think its a clutch issue. Clutch seems to work great in holding the power/shifting/engaging gears.

And yes, I did a search. :)

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
bad gas maybe? late on igniting?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Always fill up with 92 octane.

Again, I put 1200 miles on it in 2 weeks, so its been cycling gas like crazy.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
dirty fuel injector from bad gas ?? dont matter how much gas ya put through it, if its dirty and or partly clogged no fuel going through and casues those types of problems ?? other than that not to sure ??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear ya, and appreciate the advice.

Is it safe to run fuel injector cleaner through these things? Reccomendations on brand/name?

·
Registered
2004 ZX-10R
762 Posts
I´ve seen primary and/or secondary TPS sensors going bad on 2nd gens.

With a faulty TPS sensor the bike may go rough, or even stall at idle or keep revs up (up to 7000rpm if secondary TPS is faulty).
At first the bike may not show an FI code, until it goes bad enough to trigger it.

Of course, and regarding your situation, this is a shot in the dark. Just for information.

As a first approach better follow the fellas advice and replace spark plugs and get the injectors cleaned. This is better achieved in a service shop with an ultrasound cleaner.

Have you washed the bike using pressurized water recently?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, I've never washed the bike. I was wondering if all the bugs I've been killing clogged up the air filter lol.

I will look into your suggestions. The bike will be going back to the dealer I purchased it from, hopefully they will get it squared away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts