Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I ride in the old Joe Rocket Velocity boot. Looking for a new boot as the velocity is getting a little raggedy. I also used to have the Joe Rocket Super Street. They are only available in whole sizes and the 12 was too big.

Looking at the Sidi Street Burners. Are these overkill for someone who does not ride on the track?

Any suggestions. I have searched but have not found any clear cut answer. Need a boot that protects but allows me to be able to walk around somewhat comfortably. Need help fast got a long ride coming up next weekend for the Honda AMA Race at Mid-Ohio.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Street burners are not overkill for the street since they are designed for the street. I personally don't think they are enough even for the street. Yes, better then sneakers. I don't know about you but when I hit the twisties, I don't feel safe unless I have full race boots. I have the sidi vertigo airs and they are really comfortable. They don't squeak and I have worn them all day before without any issues.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
I love those sidi streetburners! When I get some extra funds available I hope to get them! I'm using some cheap ass boots right now.....:badteeth: But yea man I say get them!

·
Registered
208 Posts
i have a size 10 of the SIDI for sale

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
if you sporting the big foot, i would highly recommed TCX (oxtar)...been wearing them for the last 4 years and love them...worked in a crash and able to walk around in them if needed.
Given i am not doing walks on the beach or the mall with them, but can do normal stuff..when out on the bike..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you sporting the big foot, i would highly recommed TCX (oxtar)...been wearing them for the last 4 years and love them...worked in a crash and able to walk around in them if needed.
Given i am not doing walks on the beach or the mall with them, but can do normal stuff..when out on the bike..
Those are nice but I really don't want something that comes to my calf like those.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts