Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my three G4s I used several sets of EBC HH and SBS sintered then found and settled eventually on Vesrah RJL pads with a very strong initial bite. It's not that I don't like the stock Brembo pads which seem quite linear but I do love a strong initial bite.

What can you recommend for a G6, road not race use?

Thank you.

·
Registered
zx10-rr
90 Posts
Zcoo ECX are quite famous around my area. I tried getting my hands on them but there was no stock.

I ended up finding brembo, but not the OEM.

Look at their site and setup the bike they will give you various options.

I went with street legal sinter pads and did notice a positive change. Nothing crazy but a lot better then stock.

·
Registered
Gen3
346 Posts
New pads will have stronger leverage than old/worn/thinner pads, as the caliper pistons extend.
G6 uses Brembo calipers, so Brembo pads are the way to go. I have heard Vesrah pads do not work well with Brembo calipers, but no way of verifying the whole story.

Perhaps, you can scrub the rotor to freshen it along with new pads. There are youtube videos for this, using emery cloth or sandpaper just slightly in rotary motion.

Just do not watch videos showing how to lube and free up the rotor rivets.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At the latest service interval I've swapped over to RBF600 and there's a noticeable improvement over the stock fluid.

Re a reply on this thread I have successfully cleaned rotor buttons on G4s and always bed in pads and rotors, and yes to very fine wet and dry paper when changing pad manufacturers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts