Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I just arc weld a nut and try that way?
Or meybe someone is elling brembos ir nissa cheap...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,226 Posts
Ain't that a pisser. I'm not sure how to strip out a torx bolt. That's kinda the point of having so many points of contact.

I'm not sure I'd weld anything onto it. But I suppose you could if you had access to one. I'd try cutting a slot in the head to a large flat blade in there with more torque/leverage to break it free.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
911 Posts
I had to weld a stud onto the 2 main rear set bolts that hold the rear set to the frame. Used a sae Allan cause it was put away mixed up so I kept on twisting and stripped the shit out of them both. Was easy enough to fix, grind down the tip of a compatible metal bolt, a nice fat hex head bolt, stick the pointed ground end into the striped out bolt on the bike, if you have an arc welder you could technically hold the bolt with the stinger and just tap it in with one stabbing stroke, should contact weld in. If you have Tig your know what to do, if it's mig just be careful of the spatter, use a fiber blanket to prevent spatter and for sure have a presurized water device near by, I use a pump up garden sprayer. Don't want the heat spreading to anything that just can't handle that much heat

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bolts seems to be from aluminium... ill keep you posted lads..

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
911 Posts
Bolts seems to be from aluminium... ill keep you posted lads..

Really, that's a bitch, in that case, pack the stripped part with jb weld and then use a Dremel to grove a slot in it to get it to twist. That or jb weld in the Allan wrench and let her sit for 12 hours

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Jayzus! What tools you using bro?! Nissins are usually all over the Bay. But yea, maybe a Easy Out or more barbaric methods for all that. Hang in there!

Im w/. No welding. Just drilling for an easy out or some similar D&D method.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No weding experience!!! Boight cheap mig welder ,sacrifised a torx head but got the fuckr out!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hard way to go but hey...worked for me...new bolts are on the way.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
911 Posts
No weding experience!!! Boight cheap mig welder ,sacrifised a torx head but got the fuckr out!!

Perfect, so it obviously wasn't aluminum lol. And you learned something new. The torques bits are cheap but using an old spare bolt is even cheaper. Either way it worked so good job. Hope you sprayed down the caliper right after the weld so it didn't get too hot

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
911 Posts
Jayzus! What tools you using bro?! Nissins are usually all over the Bay. But yea, maybe a Easy Out or more barbaric methods for all that. Hang in there!

Im w/. No welding. Just drilling for an easy out or some similar D&D method.
It's funny but if you have access to a welder. It will pretty much always work 100% and you don't have to risk bunging up the threads or snapping bits and easy outs so there is that

·
Registered
197 Posts
Kroil-the oil that creeps. Look it up. Remember that Shit Boyz. The BEST EVER. Oilfield tested and proven. I would have cut a flathead slot with a Dremel and hit it with a flathead tip on my impact driver. I have not been beaten yet...…..

·
The Pace
7,011 Posts
Future: find flat driver, tap a crease lightly using hammer, then work it out either lightly with hammer or if flat grips well. Easy out another option. Weld thing, idk, as you're heating up touchy area. Crap, on one of our bikes, everything is sensitive. Hope the weld solution works.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts