Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
were always talking about optimum gearing for an idividuals set up but what about tire(s)?
im currently running a 200/50 power sport w 34psi. what size, brand and pressure do you guys run w on stock wheel base? you think magnesium or carbon wheels make a huge dif on the strip?

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I use a Shinko. Its cheap and have seen them go 8.60's on a streetbike without wheelie bars that rode to the track. Myself have ran mid 9's with one. They have the standard Shinko and the Ultra-soft. I have had good success with both. Another great tire is the Pirelli Super Corsa trackday tire. They work exellent on the strip. Kinda pricey but you can pick up a race take off pretty cheap that has alot of tire left in the center. The Shinko's i ran pressure in the mid to high teens but the Super Corsa is alot stickier so it is usually ran with quite a bit more pressure. Good luck.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats your tire pressure, in the teens, is that normal?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Ive ran as low as 12-16 on the shinko. It has no high speed wobble or spinning on the rims at that pressure. The Perilli i have seen run around 18-25. They hook quite a bit better. But don't take my pressures as set in stone. The track your at will dictate that. Ours is rather slippery and inconsistant.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im a noob when it comes to drag racing and am learning in time but i never thought that its common for motorcyclist to run that low of tire pressure to begin.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks man will do

·
Registered
543 Posts
Ruthless will be able to give you some great info when he chimes in. I asked the same question a few weeks ago and the answers I got were Shinko and Michilin Pilot Power Race. I wanted a tire that was very streetable. I think I gonna go with the Michilin and see how it turns out.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Shinko is great for the money, but if your looking for the best ET possible go with the Michelin Power Race:thumbsup:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I use a Shinko. Its cheap and have seen them go 8.60's on a streetbike without wheelie bars that rode to the track. Myself have ran mid 9's with one. They have the standard Shinko and the Ultra-soft. I have had good success with both. Another great tire is the Pirelli Super Corsa trackday tire. They work exellent on the strip. Kinda pricey but you can pick up a race take off pretty cheap that has alot of tire left in the center. The Shinko's i ran pressure in the mid to high teens but the Super Corsa is alot stickier so it is usually ran with quite a bit more pressure. Good luck.
im trying to read but cant concentrate for some reason :mrgreen::mrgreen:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts