Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New personal best guys. 1/8 mi runs today.

R/T: .590
60 FT: 2.025
ET: 7.203
MPH: 110.29

Stock Height, SWB, no straps, Boz Gild, PCIII, BMC Air Filter, Mirrors Removed, ZG Sport Touring Windscreen. Est. ~200lbs suited.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Congrats, gettin' those times down takes practice but it feels good when you can see improvements.

What gearing and track you running at?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
congrats on the new personal best man :thumbsup: have you thought about lower it ? bc she's got alot left in her if you set her up right for the track.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It just felt good cuz that was another 2 tenths off of my best time, last time I went. Focused a lot on getting her WOT and the clutch out faster.

Stock Gearing for now. Ive strongly considered lowering, strapping, gearing and stretching. I just wanted to see if I would be able to afford going often enough to race, and at least set goals to reach before I would step seriously into the direction. I definently want straps the next time I go, and the 1/5 throttle insert is going in.

Track is setup as 1/8mi at Qualcomm Stadium. Ambient temps last night were in the 50s I believe. Altitude is approximately 100Ft.

As always, any tips and help are GREATLY appreciated. Id love to hit 7 flat if I could as currently set up.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

This is the video to my 7.2 run. Guy I was running is a slammed and stretched, I believe geared, and on a Shinko drag radial (non-slick). I actually got him on R/T by .004, but his 60ft killed me. He went 6.9 @ 92. If I could bring the 60ft, I would have gotten it.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
i highly suggest lowering the rear, straping the front and throwin some gear to her for starters. maybe try -1 and see where your at. when i was swb i was -1 +2 crossing the finish line top of 3rd and i weight 200 pounds if that helps. best pass to date was [email protected] with a 1.58 60ft.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i highly suggest lowering the rear, straping the front and throwin some gear to her for starters. maybe try -1 and see where your at. when i was swb i was -1 +2 crossing the finish line top of 3rd and i weight 200 pounds if that helps. best pass to date was [email protected] with a 1.58 60ft.
I definently want to get to do all of those things for sure. I just cant afford to do it all at once (college student, go figure). I was thinking about playing with a rear sprocket since its cheap and easy to swap. Whats the biggest you can go without needing a new chain? I might just spring for the straps, adjustable lowering links and a bigger rear sprocket and see where that takes me, especially considering it would only be like $150.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
You can get front sprockets cheaper than rear, but you will need an impact to get that front sprocket nut off.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can get front sprockets cheaper than rear, but you will need an impact to get that front sprocket nut off.
Yeah, Id just have to buy an impact first was the thing. How far up in the rear is possible on stock chain length?

FWIW, I just did my 1/5 throttle insert. WTF?!?!?!
Anybody wanna ride a f*%kin Kawi WSBK?!?!

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Yeah, Id just have to buy an impact first was the thing. How far up in the rear is possible on stock chain length?

FWIW, I just did my 1/5 throttle insert. WTF?!?!?!
Anybody wanna ride a f*%kin Kawi WSBK?!?!
Not sure, I went -1 when SWB.... didn't touch the back until I stretched it. You are much better off going -1, borrow somebody elses impact. It will push your WB back a little, going up in the back will make your wheelbase shorter.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill give it a try if I can find an impact. I thought it was the better option too. The rear just seemed more tangible.

Anybody in the SD area have an impact?

·
Banned
1,516 Posts
i used a breaker bar, went with 16 front sprocket -1, best time 6.67 at 123mph not going wot in first gear, can't keep front wheel down SWB

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ill give the breaker bar a shot. sounds easiest. any particular brand for sprockets for any particular reason that you guys are using?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
like nola said front sprockets are cheaper and will add lil wb which helps the swb guys out alot. i have a brandnew vortex 16t for 525 chain still in its original package if your interested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts