Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2009 zx10r, pc3, -1 sprocket up front, lowered, jardine gp slip on, k&n. I was thinking of stretching it, I love the drag strip and most my friends bikes are stretched. My question is what chain to use and how long to go? Is the 520 worth the weight or do they break easy? Its got a rk 525 now. I was also trying to decide what sprocket set up, I was wanting to be able to switch between 2 set ups and use the same chain, but will have to chage the length of extensions. I want one for 1/4 set up and one for gas/cruising. Is it possible? My goal is to get mid 9s at 140+ on the bike, I weigh about 180, and suited 195 at.most.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Too much of a hassle to switch back and forth...you midas well get another bike, it's a lot easier to to just switch bikes than to remove wheel/sprocket, chain then extensions or arm.

You can get decent gas mileage with gearing set up on 1/4 I want to say -1/+3 or -2/+1 but I feel better with the 16t up front cause a 15t wears the chain down a lot quicker. 520 will work, only go to 520 when you're hardcore dragging and trying to save weight.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i am getting ready to sell my zx9r to fund this bike, and its -1,+4 and it sucks on long rides, and topped out at 158 on gps. i dont mind swapping sprockets esp if its only a rear, i will prob get one stock tooth, and one +3

·
Registered
994 Posts
How often do you plan on going to the strip?? I used to ride around just lowered to commute and weekend rides then I would throw 6" extentions on a different rear sprocket and to the strip I would go, and of course a different chain, I just used a clip style master link and would saftey wire it on. Didnt take more than a hour to change it.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Ok I have a 2009 zx10r, pc3, -1 sprocket up front, lowered, jardine gp slip on, k&n. I was thinking of stretching it, I love the drag strip and most my friends bikes are stretched. My question is what chain to use and how long to go? Is the 520 worth the weight or do they break easy? Its got a rk 525 now. I was also trying to decide what sprocket set up, I was wanting to be able to switch between 2 set ups and use the same chain, but will have to chage the length of extensions. I want one for 1/4 set up and one for gas/cruising. Is it possible? My goal is to get mid 9s at 140+ on the bike, I weigh about 180, and suited 195 at.most.
a good chain to go with is a EK ZZZ its the strongest chain on the market. i would stay away from the 520 chains its not as strong as the 525. mid 9's is very possibel with the right setup, gearing and seat time.

·
Banned
1,516 Posts
stay with 525. do not go with 520 because the chain gets longer it needs to be stronger, epecially lunching at the track, extra oz is not worth it in my opinion

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i have a 530 on my zx9r for the track, but i wish i had stayed with a 525 on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts