Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Stretched gen 2 w busa shock casual riding ?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Slow10r 
#1 ·
I know I may get flamed for this but does anyone have experience riding passengers with a lengthy stretch? I'm sitting at 69" and have a stock shock on right now (have a busa shock in the closet). Before with my old setup the only difference was I had a stock oil pan and alienhead exhaust. There was one person that rode just fine but everyone else I would scrape or bust oil pans. Now I've got a low pro pan and sidewinder. Was thinking of putting the busa shock on just to give my gf a ride. She loves the bike and knows it would only be a one time thing as I won't keep changing from my drag setup. My street bike is just about done but she's begging for a ride on this one. None of the girls have been over 120 lbs. do you guys think I'd be ok by putting the busa shock on?

Ps I've searched a lot of drag related topics regarding the shock but didn't really find anything related to casual riding

#2 ·
is the busa shock supposed to be stiffer? If im right then yea itd be better to put it on. when I had mine 12 over it would scrape religiously and my wife is 120. I caught a bump once at like 45 and sparks flew

#3 ·
That's what I've read, it's supposed to be stiffer. And believe me I know the feeling cept I'm used to smelling oil and seeing a white cloud behind me.

#4 ·
I've always been hesitant to really get the speed up while being stretched for that simple reason. That's why I plan on leaving the other bike swb. I'm curious to see how long that'll last.

#5 ·
lol that would royally piss me off if I cracked a pan. I just scraped the shit outta the mid pipe and the sparks hit my leg and scared the shit outta me

#8 ·
I have the roaring toyz 5 hole links and they were set at the highest position

#9 ·
Is the front end lowered? If thats only done via sliding the forks, you could just slide them back down and gain some height to it. I dont know where you have it set, but go full stiff on the compression for the shock too.

#10 ·
Always want the front and rear to be relative in height. If u drop the rear u must drop the front and vice versa. I know if the rear is dropped and front isnt itll ride like shit and the back end will feel like its sliding out in turns

#11 · (Edited)
I was assuming it was since its a drag bike, but we know what assumptions do. I figured its a one time casual ride, raise the front and get some ground clearance back. Its not like he was planning to go canyon carving or anything on it.

Im with you guys that putting the Busa shock on is probably the best option though.

#12 ·
Yes the front end is lowered on the forks. I've tried to slide them back up before but they didn't wanna go back. Had all the clamps pretty loose. I'm hoping I can just get by with the shock change since it should be pretty simple. I may try to raise the front end back up and see if it fights me.

#13 ·
put a jack under the exhaust and loosen all the clamps for the forks, raise it up, and tap the forks with a rubber hammer to you get them to the length you want, i ride around at 230lbs on a stock shock at 61 inches, and i put my girl on the back all the time, i just tighten the shock up and does great. I just picked up a gen 2 busa shock i gotta throw on and it should help also, great mod for these zx10rs esp riding 2 up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.