Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be doing a trackday at streets on Monday, think I can squeeze another track out of this tire?:dontknow:

Two trackdays 363 miles on it.

:wink:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I have no idea but I just wanted to post...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd leave it on the bike and go try it out for a while, but bring a extra rear just incase you get out there and it starts sliding around on you and doesnt feel good you can go change it out there and not miss much track time or even worse crash because of the tire. just my opinion!!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
rtspring said:
I'd leave it on the bike and go try it out for a while, but bring a extra rear just incase you get out there and it starts sliding around on you and doesnt feel good you can go change it out there and not miss much track time or even worse crash because of the tire. just my opinion!!!
+1 The wear is nice and even but with that many laps on it I'd take it slow and try to get a feel for any sliding. Crashing because you cheaped out on tires is one of the worst feelings in the world.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
no doubt the left side is done, finished when compared to the right and would be replaced if it were me. On a positive note SOW isn't high speed nor is it very demanding on tires like many other tracks so perhaps it'll survive BUT most deffinately have a spare handy JIC.

BD

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I think that was from my hard riding:crackup:. I think if you feel that way don't risk it as I did I made out alright but I was using street tires PPs and race tires are not ment to last:headshake. I would put the new rubber on fo SHo:wink: Be safe out there as we have Laguna to look forward to:eyecrazy: in Nov. or Dec. which one are you up for?:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Big Daddy said:
no doubt the left side is done, finished when compared to the right and would be replaced if it were me. On a positive note SOW isn't high speed nor is it very demanding on tires like many other tracks so perhaps it'll survive BUT most deffinately have a spare handy JIC.

BD
Thanks for all the replies..... I will bring a new one with and see how its goes.....and your right Big D streets isnt that bad and it runs clockwise so the left side should get less abuse. Famous last words! :helmet:

·
Registered
6,354 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
looks like you should be ok....but +1 on the bringing an extra....put a new rear on before the last session and get it scrubbed in for the next day..i haven't done streets....just big willow....how does streets compare?

·
Registered
740 Posts
KaTooM said:
Thanks for all the replies..... I will bring a new one with and see how its goes.....and your right Big D streets isnt that bad and it runs clockwise so the left side should get less abuse. Famous last words! :helmet:
I heard you had a good time with my boy Ryan at the Rump. As for the tire, I wouldn't chance it!!!! I am one of those that have crashed because I thought I could get one more day out of a tire(NOT!!! that one cost me a big chunk...plastics, clip-ons, rearsets, front wheel, headlight, and subframe) A new one is really cheap insurance considering the alternative. As far as the Left hand coners there go, don't forget about the downhill turn 3(?) and the other one after the "bowl" that put alot of stress on the left side of the tires. Anyway just my .02

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Update...so i decided to replace the rear tire and one of the sales people at the shop gave me 50 bucks for the take off! :cool:

I also put on new Galfer brake pads, and switched to synthetic oil, I was running Castrol 10W40.

Took her out and it shifts way better!

Way to go Amsoil! :beer:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
:heyyou: good move I told you:thumbsup: your bike will love ya for that :crackup:. I am ordering my brembo next week I hope to hear you will be doing the same:eek:ccasion1. Watch the races tomorrow and get excited for Mon. Be safe out there and when are we going to ride ACH?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
kneedragger said:
:heyyou: good move I told you:thumbsup: your bike will love ya for that :crackup:. I am ordering my brembo next week I hope to hear you will be doing the same:eek:ccasion1. Watch the races tomorrow and get excited for Mon. Be safe out there and when are we going to ride ACH?
Hey Knee, Ordered my Brembo, and -1 Front Sprocket last Tuesday! You were right about the Synthetic oil! :beer:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts