Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to hear everyone's opinion on these.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have mixed feelings about them. I think some do look pretty good but then again what's the point of having a high performance bike with no fairings? Kind of defeats the purpose.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have mixed feelings about them. I think some do look pretty good but then again what's the point of having a high performance bike with no fairings? Kind of defeats the purpose.
Well... I think most people that build Fighters rethink the purpose. Most of the well done ones I've seen have much higher bars and way larger gearing. Not good for extended 100mph plus blasts down a flowing road, true. But perfect for throwing the bike around a tight back road and wheelies at will through town.

It's not for everyone and the well done and good looking ones are few and far between. I must admit I do dig the style, but I would rather own a Motard than a fighter.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
I like them when they are done right. . .
:+1: And there are a couple of people on this site that have built some nice street fighters.

I haven't seen it in person yet, but I think the new Ducati Street Fighter looks good. :cool:

Chris

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Yeah I like them also if they are done right, Ive seen some pics of some that looked good and some that look like hell, but Id love to have one, esp that Ducati I think I would keep the 10 for the track and the Ducati for the street...

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
One of the guys from Ducati of Austin brought the new fighter to bike night, looked like a fun ride.

·
Registered
843 Posts
My old Buell was sort of fun... Just wasn't for me though...was able to unload it for 8 grand!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think "street fighter" bikes are sport bikes that have been crashed and the owners don't want to spend the money for new plastics. At least I think thats where the concept came from.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
:+1: And there are a couple of people on this site that have built some nice street fighters.

I haven't seen it in person yet, but I think the new Ducati Street Fighter looks good. :cool:

Chris
Rode one. Very comfy to ride, extremely fun too. I almost traded in my Duc for it, but am holding out for the something else.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I would just say that when done tastefully, they look pretty sick...and when done cheaply, they just look like a chopped up bike.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that new DUC is bad, its got some serious horsepower, aggressive styling, and I dont think it needs any more modifying than maybe the exhaust

·
Registered
33 Posts
My first bike was a 2000 Triumph Speed Triple... loved the naked look. I think the 10R looks good without the plastics except for the coolant reservoir.

The color was a bit different but it grew on me after a while.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I like a street fighter or as I say stunt bike if it looks well built. If its just a zx10r with no fairings and a dirt bike handle bar set up I think it looks like crap, even though my 954rr is set up that way.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I have a triumph speed triple (not flamin' gay pink, but black) and love the way it looks. There is nowhere I ride that someone doesn't ask me about it. I saw the ducati steetfighter at the local dealer recently and it's beautiful. It was already sold and had been sold since feb ($19,000.00 though). Apparently these bikes are selling crazy fast. As far as converting a racer replica to a street fighter, I've seen a few tastefully done, but as stated earlier just taking off plastics and installing handlebars is tacky-looking.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts