Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Occurs when open full throttle-------rpm specific.4-5K..sounds like high metalic knock in the head...but thinner higher and slightly more metalic than an engine knock.After 5khooks up again;runs fine at all times when not goosing it.Gas is a little stale and has Stabil in it. Just curious

·
Registered
536 Posts
What year bike? The 08's I know of atleast have a buzzing sound at certain rpm that comes from the front end on the triple tree I believe. I never would hear it cause I always rode with music. But after my chatterbox broke was the first time I started experiencing it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'05 buzz

Just noticed it the other day for the 1st time....w/different helmet (half shell) altho with my usual full helmet....I think Ill still notice it.Its near valve adj time.....but it seems to go through this buzz band at 4-5K then is fine again...tho Ive not pegged it to redline to see if it persists again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
buzzing noise

had the bike for 8 months now and the buzzing sound was driving me crazy between 4-5rpm, tried everything with no success. yest was cleaning my baby and i noticed 2 bolts holding the instrument panel one at each side, amazingly the were almost completely undone and surprise surprise that horrible noise is history.............hurray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts