Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 07 has 2800 miles on it. And on Monday i changed out the front sprocket went down one in the front. And kept the stock rear sprocket and chain on because they are still in good condition. now i notice when i am cruising down the freeway in 6th gear around 75mph and let off the throttle and just let the bike decell on its own no brakes i am hearing this faint howling sound. Kind of like the sound a lifted truck makes with mud tires but really quite. Never heard the sound until i put the front sprocket on.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Everything seated properly and tight? Did you torque the sprocket nut on, and bend the locking washer back into place. Might be worth a double check. Only other thing I can think of is that it would be noisy if you got the wrong pitch front sprocket.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i went to cycle gear and got it vortex front sprocket. tomorrow put it up on the stand and recheck. Yes the flat washer is bent back in to place.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
i got the same noise on mine when i changed out the sprockets....check out the factory front....should have a rubber type shoulder for the chain to ride on.....aftermarkets do not....which from what i was told...makes this noise...my friends gsxr...same thing when sprockets were changed:mrgreen:

·
Registered
638 Posts
i got the same noise on mine when i changed out the sprockets....check out the factory front....should have a rubber type shoulder for the chain to ride on.....aftermarkets do not....which from what i was told...makes this noise...my friends gsxr...same thing when sprockets were changed:mrgreen:
:+1: The rubber damper makes the sprocket run quieter.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so its fine then cool thanks.:+2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts