Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 zx10r and recently this condition has been getting progressively worse. For example when I am trying to back up with the clutch pulled in and the gear in first it is impossible. The bike wants to pull forward. So what I did next was put it on stands and when it was lifted and the clutch pulled in, the rear wheel was moving at 11 mph. I immediately thought it was a bad clutch, but in all gears and high rpm's it doesn't slip, it grabs well. So I tightened the clutch cable yes it didnt help at all. Anyone have any idea what this is??? I dont wanna just replace the clutch if its not bad. Thanks

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
if its not slipping then its not your clutch plates. sounds like you dont have the clutch cable adjusted right. you want about a nickel size space between the lever and perch. also make your adjustments down on the clutch cover and fine tune the adjustment with the adjuster by the lever and report back to see if that help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did that already, I tried adjusting it all the way and every where in between and still the same thing

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
If its warped steels then yes, call dwayne at concept cycles, his clutches are top notch and cheaper than OEM. Pull out your steels and lay then flat on a piece of glass, that will tell you if there warped.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Warped steels.
:+1: or improperly adjusted cable. Cody gave good advice, give Dwayne @ CycleConcepts a call. He will set you straight and probably teach you a thing or two over the phone. Great guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts