Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 zx10r and I'm considering running a straight pipe exhaust, any recommendations for power commanders or pointers as far as where to begin?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hey man, not trying to sound like a dick or anything, but why would you want to run a straight pipe vs a slip-on or full system...besides cost you probably won't see any benefits from running a straight pipe...your engine needs that added back pressure to get any considerable power or torque gains...most of the guys on here (including me) have used shorty cans and have had a loss in power and torque...and unless you live way out in the sticks, you're gonna be pissing a lot of people off with a loud-ass straight pipe, and considering that we sportbike riders already have a bad image, it won't help the cause bro...just my .02

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well essentially a full exhaust system swap is what I wanna go for, but I def want something with a lot more noise. I have a Leo and Vance slip on now and I'm definitely not impressed. I'm open for any suggestions you got man if you don't mind

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
well i had a 3rd Gen with a Vance and Hines slip on and it was certainly loud enough for me...generally the shorter the can, the louder it's gonna be...you could go with something from LOR, Competition Werkes, or the hotbodies MGP exhaust, and any one of those should be loud enough for you

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
you can pick a power commander and they have maps online that you can download but I would find a reputable dyno tuner and get good custom map that fits the mods you have on your bike

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
no problem bro:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Well essentially a full exhaust system swap is what I wanna go for, but I def want something with a lot more noise. I have a Leo and Vance slip on now and I'm definitely not impressed. I'm open for any suggestions you got man if you don't mind
just pull some of the packing out of your can. that will make it noticeable louder and still give you the back pressure you need.

·
Registered
86 Posts
get a akrapovic link pipe and a hot bodies megaphone thats pretty close to a straight pipe. i have a vance and hines cs one and a link pipe and thats pretty loud. i always wonded how loud it would be with a megaphone instead of the cs one

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Just don't run an exhaust. The sound coming just out of the head sure be loud enough before it blows up.

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hey man, not trying to sound like a dick or anything, but why would you want to run a straight pipe vs a slip-on or full system...besides cost you probably won't see any benefits from running a straight pipe...your engine needs that added back pressure to get any considerable power or torque gains...most of the guys on here (including me) have used shorty cans and have had a loss in power and torque...and unless you live way out in the sticks, you're gonna be pissing a lot of people off with a loud-ass straight pipe, and considering that we sportbike riders already have a bad image, it won't help the cause bro...just my .02

we had a bone stock 07 and ran just the header no pipe...the bike went 9'ohs @ 153mph...fully dressed, foot shifting on pump gas, no power commander...didnt have any loss...
and now i have a bone stock 08 engine with a big brocks system and have done back to back runs with the baffle in and with the baffle out and saw no mph difference

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
How would one go about Doing something like that?
drill out the rivets on the end cap and pull out as much packing you like and rivet the end cap back on. this way you want have to buy a new exhaust and get the sound your lookin for.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cvvx09, did you have to get the power commander with the straight catalytic replacement, with that loss in back pressure?

·
Registered
174 Posts
this is my hotbodies gp slasher slip on its loud!! I'm getting a full exhaust soon but it was def a good slip on in my opinion

1 - 20 of 39 Posts