Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
What do you think has been the biggest bang for the buck so far? I have some EBC sintered pads that seem to hold up really well to the heat of the track, and I don't experience any fade. Just never been happy with the soft lever feel.
I think the biggest bang for your buck is the R1 master. I sourced mine from Yamaha for 150 bucks as compared to 365 for an RCS from Brembo. If its a gen 3 your riding the calipers are good the master and steel line's will make the brakes amazing and you won't have that soft lever any more. I did this mod to all three of my 10's including my gen 4 and what a difference. I would recommend using the Motul RBF 600 or 660 for track day use. I have used the EBC sintered pads before and felt like they lacked power. I've use Vesrah pads and was very happy with performance but they seem to wear out pretty fast. I have been happly with the Galfer 1375 pads but I'm using their rotors also so I don't know how they work on stock rotors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the info! I think stainless lines and the R1 m/c will be the way to go, then. Been debating between this and an antigravity battery for my next upgrade, but I'm thinking the brakes are a little more imperative.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
What year R1 are you guys talking about?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I put some 2015 Triumph 675 Daytona Calipers & the shorter Gen1 caliper bolts on my Gen 3 .. Much better bite now

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
People might argue alot with what im about to say but its my experience.
When my gen4 was new and completely standard the brakes were brilliant.
They got worse when i started to change things.
Tried sbs race pads and they cooked the fluid.
Put standards back in and it was brilliant again and im very hard on brakes usually.
But now i have two sets of wheels with identical discs and pads but one set fades and the other set is brilliant.
If you have brake issues it could be down to old work hardened discs.
Try fitting all new standard discs and pads plus castlated pistons to help fade issues too.
Obviously brembo discs and pads would be best option but more expensive

21 - 27 of 27 Posts