Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I never like seeing a talented rider or driver retire for those reasons. However the facts are the facts and racing has become so demanding and a business ruled by people with NO PASSION for racing or the sport that sooner or later these things will happen.. All it's about these days is money and kissing the sponsor's ass ......NOT about winning! Just like Formula One and Nascar it's a traveling circus not much different from Pro wrestling ! Looks like Rossi isn't far behind him from his lack luster outings..

·
Administrator
6,716 Posts
Not a fan of his. I have total respect for his talent and his publicized reasoning for retiring but look forward to others moving up.

Twitter has become unbearable today :rolleyes:

@birtymotogp Reckon Lorenzo's fee at Yamaha just increased dramatically, as did pressure on Dorna to axe rookie rule so HRC can sign Marquez

@Spalders Honda's Nakamoto; No plan right now. Not my decision I must speak to Honda Motor, maybe then I am on the phone to Lorenzo, maybe Rossi also!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Can't say I'm a big fan but his riding style is awesome to watch that's for sure. It's just a shame within 2 years we are losing 2 great talents, the other being super sic

·
Registered
49 Posts
The guy cant even retire without having a moan?.

Citing a lack of interest, passion, motivation & rule changes for his decision?.

IMO racing a motorcycle for a living and getting very well paid whilst doing so, have the best equipment on the grid must be the best job in the world?.

I bust my arse so i can afford a set of tires, gas & a trackday every so often and love every minute it. To me Stoner has moaned his whole career, he maybe the in-form most talented rider atm but in my eyes he is not worthy of being on the grid. Motogp is better off without the whining TURD !!!.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Good Riddance. Not a fan of Moaner, and never have been even when he was at Ducati. He whines when he loses, when he wins, when he's not even racing. Hell, he just seems be unhappy all the time no matter where he is. An unbelievable and currently unmatched talent for sure, but his mouth and attitude ruin it.

Dont let the doorknob hit you on the way out.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I've never had a problem with stoner and always wondered why people didn't like him. One article I read said most people probably hate him because he can beat Rossi which kind of makes sense.

You guys hating on him have to realize he can race for pretty much anyone he wants. Racing for a living isn't even close to racing by yourself with little to no sponsors. Politics ruin racing and it becomes an enviroment that just incredibly unpleasant. I wish him the best.

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
No surprise to me...he was always complaining about something. I've got nothing against him though. Dude can ride. On a side note, Rossi will be racing for at least another 2 years. He's entertaining on and off the grid. Not so much on the grid these days lol.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I say good riddance, let him race go carts. In the end its not really about ability, its about passion. Even in my own job, there's guys who just flat out love the job and there's guys who are just there for a paycheck. I'll give you a free guess which guy I'm gonna run with on a tower. Even worse, the guy who's just in it for money is the same guy you'll see 5 years later talking about it like he was the man. The real man is the one who learned, peaked, and then taught his replacement.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Im on board with everyone else, he is a crybaby and even though his talent is amazing, he is boring to listen to talk and he seems to whine about everything

1 - 20 of 54 Posts