Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mildly modded 09 ZX10 and I'm still running the stock wheel base and stock seat but the bike is slightly lowered(lowering links). My question is do any of you riders with sort of the same set up use stomp grip tape for drag racing(or any kind of racing for that matter)? The way it looks, I haven't read much about folks that use it but the ones that do really like it. Maybe it happens more than it is spoken of but who knows. I know that I need something to keep me from sliding back under WOT so I can still manipulate the controls and keep the front wheel down as much as possible. I just can't possibly do this w/o hugging the tank? Does anybody else use it or have any tips or opinions to share. Thanks in advance for your time and insight.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm not into the drag racing thing, but StompGrip applied in the usual manner (to the tank) keeps you from sliding forward or off the side when you hang off, not backward. It's not really much help in preventing you from sliding rearward. Maybe you could just stick it to a plastic seat? :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
i saw go with the Tech Spec pads...all the peps who go to the drag strip mainly use the Tech Spec but some do use the stop grips too!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses gentlemen.

You know, with the exception of getting a drag specific or custom seat with less play I don't know how to stay planted at WOT. Maybe I just need to carry my cherry ass to some drag racing school or get mentored by someone that knows what the hell they're doing. I would hate to think that I have taught myself how to ride all wrong but who knows. I hang on to the tank with my legs while I am going through the gears. This is why I think that the grip tape would help. I'm sure leathers would help but I don't have none yet. I guess if I want to take draggin' the least bit seriously that a good set of leathers would be a good idea but as of now I am trying to learn more before I go to the track. Maybe next summer. There is many more things I want to get done to my bike before I commit myself to the track. I would like some extentions, sprocket, chain etc. With the holidays coming up I'll see what I can get Santa to get me. Ho ho ho.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool. Both sound like great ideas :idea:. Hell I might do both just to see what happens. It's starting to get cold now plus I have a back surgery in a few weeks so I will have a while to sit on my a$$ and figure out what I am going to do. When boredom sets in and when I have time on my hands I usually start little projects. I just hope I am able to get around good enough to follow through on projects as this. Thanks again gents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts