Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. Sad to post this. I'm copying from a post I made in my local sportbiking forum. Please keep your eyes peeled if you're in DFW. License is TX 3RF332. FYI...discontinue use of cable locks. Mine was huge and they cut through it with tin snips. I'm attaching pics of that too.

At 3:10 this afternoon someone picked my cable lock apart and made off from my apt. complex with the white ninja. Also hammered on the ignition for the Busa. Almost took that one too.

The Ninja is very distinct. Not another one out there like it. Most notable are GPR Damper, White Escalade Pearl paint, and airbrushed skulls on tank.

Here's a pic. Chances are it's in pieces even by now, but i'll post it anyways. Also here's the VIN -JKAZXCC194A010772

Pictures of the cut cable lock -

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
sorry to hear that man
that bike is so damn hot too

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Sorry to hear it, chains aren't much better either. Best bet is to have it stored indoors. Good Luck with the recovery.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Sucks about your bike, it was a nece one, keep your eyes on ebay and craigslist for parts, some thiefs are dumb, they may not know that the zx10r did not come in white.
Locks are deterents nothing more, keep the honest guys honest. If a dishonest thief wants your bike he's gonna get it.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
that sucks man, I will keep an eye out. Didn't you have that for sale on craigslist? I could have sworn I saw that pic there... You might want to start by looking for anyone who came to see the bike or called you about it.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Sorry about your loss man...may those thieves catch herpeghonnesyphilaides!!!

·
YRR
1,595 Posts
I live in Ft worth as well as ride in the Dallas area so I will keep a look out! Sorry for your loss! What sucks the most other then the bikes being stolen is that is was in broad daylight :rolleyes:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Damn shady ass people...Double check anyone you know, most of the time its someone you know or ridden with!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I will be on the look out too in the Fort Hood Area. Sorry that someone can't earn their own. If these crimes were punished by death it would probably reduce it a lot.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Thieves are no better than child molesters. Nobody wants to work for their own shit, sad.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I live in S. Ft. Worth, and will keep an eye out. Unique color -- if it's out there, won't be hard to spot. Sorry about your loss.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Sorry to hear. That's the exact cable I use on my bike (lock it to the meter in the city). Very sorry to hear. With the age, I assume it's not insured.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's insured. I've lost too many bikes. I'd trade that cable lock in on something with armoring. I'm gonna get something heavier duty. I thought this was enough honestly, but they got through it pretty easily from what I understand.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts