1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Year/Model: 2009 ZX-14
Color(s): Green/Black w/ black Muzzy exhaust
Plate #: NJ 1CGP7
Last seen: Residence Inn Marriott Newport News, VA 23602 between 19:00 and 22:00 EST
Police Department: Newport News Police 757-247-2500
Report #: 2012-00952

My enclosed trailer was also taken:
Year/Model: 2009 CarryOn 7x14 (double axle)
Color(s): Black
Plate #: NJ TGF7U
Last seen: Residence Inn Marriott Newport News, VA 23602 between 19:00 and 22:00 EST
Police Department: Newport News Police 757-247-2500
Report #: 2012-00952

Please contact the police or notify here if you happen to see this bike and/or trailer.

EDIT: for pics

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Wow!!! I remember they stole your other bike too right? Man, that was a clean bike but Jesus the trailer too!!!

Bad things always happen to good people. Hope you get your stuff back so we can ride again!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, now i have to worry about my insurance company dropping me because of the multiple claims...

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sorry to hear it,, Hope you get your Bike and Trailer back..

Things are going from Bad to worse it seems, Really sucks..

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Sorry to hear this I hope you get your items back. Was the trailer tongue locked to the ball? I'm just asking b/ I have a lock for the tongue and the hitch just wondering if they cut it or something

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
final update on this.

insurance company is not paying for the trailer or tools (despite having insurance), bike has not turned up even with lojack and the police have closed their case.

so everyone check their coverages before something happens!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I thought the point of lojack was that if your bike is not found/recovered, that lojack will pay you a flat rate REGARDLESS of what your insurance is paying you? Like $10,000 or some ballpark figure, because they are so confident their product will result in the recovery of your bike. :dontknow:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Forgot to add that your situation majorly sucks man, really sorry to hear the insurance company isn't backing you up. Definitely look into your legal options. Had one jacked form me last year so I feel your pain, couldn't imagine how pissed I'd be if the insurance company refused to pay.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
been a while since i have been bikeless, but i got a call from the VA police last week and it was recovered! trailer and all.... going to pick it up next week after they finish processing it for evidence. doesnt look like much is missing based on the inventory they told me over the phone.

lojack went off when the bike battery was reconnected. no idea on damages yet, but the police towed my trailer with their truck back to the impound lot.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Glad to hear the found it!

I had my truck stolen a couple years back and found it 6mths later in a parking lot. only reason they found it was because they were giving it a parking ticket in New Orleans

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,178 Posts
Good news indeed! Glad to hear something positive out of this. Did they put the shackles on the bastards that stole your stuff?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Man you're so damn lucky! I just had my zx10 taken about 2 weeks ago! And I'm worried about the insurance not wanting to insure me because my other bike got stolen last year also! This is my second stolen bike....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, this does make recovery #2. my 10 was stolen from my house back in october but it was recovered because of lojack 10 days later. unfortunately its still in the shop since the dealer found motor damage.

·
Registered
121 Posts
glad to hear they found it... gives me hope that mine will turn up... really hope it happens before i leave for basic training... it's going to be impossible for me to leave to retrieve it after august 14th, and i won't be back until july of next year...

·
Registered
332 Posts
glad to hear they found it... gives me hope that mine will turn up... really hope it happens before i leave for basic training... it's going to be impossible for me to leave to retrieve it after august 14th, and i won't be back until july of next year...
All you need to do is get a power of attorney for your bike. You can have someone else pick it up for you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts