Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone swapped the long and short ones around to see if there is any gain ? I was wondering if swapping the long ones to where the short ones are does anything or do they run best as is ? Steve

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Lots of people have tried putting short ones on the middle two cylinders, but at least on the earlier models, you cannot put the long ones on the outside; won't clear the walls of the airbox ...

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
i did this mod and its good for more topend power but you loose lil bit on the lowend.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 04/05 engine in a dwarf car and there is a company that makes an air cleaner assembly that uses stock velocity stacks so I can run them any way I want, I can go all short or all long or mix them up, going to hit the dyno soon for a tune and maybe we will have time to play with some different options, Steve

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I wouldn't mess with them unless you can control fuel/ignition trim in each cylinder. Inside 2 cylinders have different map than the outside 2 cylinders. Outside cylinders make little more power on the top end and the inside ones more power in the lower rpms. If you put all short or all long stacks on every cylinder without changing the maps inside the ecu, outside or inside cylinders will always be too lean or too rich at certain rpms.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I've tried running all 4 stock shorties and seemed to have lost a little lower and midrange but i ended up getting lucky on ebay and found a seller who had an airbox/stacks/and filter for sale CHEAP but he had these in there! i've ran them every since and love em'!!!:thumbsup: i adjusted the custom map in my PC and she pulls good from down low on up. one of those mods that don't make a huge difference by itself, but added with a couple others it seems to make a difference imo anyway. and as said above, on the gen 1 you can't run all 4 tall stacks anyway so you're only real option is 4 shorts or these.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
i was tuned on stk. stacks, switched 2 more short, killed my powerband, even up top. 07 we have tuned all short, runs great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts