Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would happen if I removed the stock stacks in the airbox? Any gain on low end etc...????? Does this hurt anything at all???? Just wondering any info would help, or should I just buy a pair of new velocity stacks.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Nope, they are a tuned length for the engine, the aftermarket ones dont do much either , maybe a hp or two up top.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah the factory pro ones should really be used with degreed cams other than that Im not sure they are worth it... you can go the extra mile like me and get a tuning kit from factory pro which is all the rubber boots but a bunch of different length stacks and dyno tune your motor to what makes best power where you want it... I wound up going with the factory pro shorties and I think 35mm centers....

you pretty much will be loosing power everywhere if you remove the velocity stacks I think....

·
Registered
753 Posts
yeah the factory pro ones should really be used with degreed cams other than that Im not sure they are worth it... you can go the extra mile like me and get a tuning kit from factory pro which is all the rubber boots but a bunch of different length stacks and dyno tune your motor to what makes best power where you want it... I wound up going with the factory pro shorties and I think 35mm centers....

you pretty much will be loosing power everywhere if you remove the velocity stacks I think....
:+1:
I phoned FactoryPro to ask for an extra pair of shorties for cyl.2 and 3, and the guy said that I would pretty much loose power everywhere with that configuration. As his opinion is, it would be worth it to install a pair of 35mm at cyl.1 and 4, but there´s no room for that. His words. I don´t know from my experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts