Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and searched. i couldn't find anything. Perhaps I missed it in a thread somewhere. Does anyone know what the stock speedometer error is on our bikes. I have an 08. I was going to run a 16T front but prefer the oem 17 sprocket! I know their site says "most bikes are off around 5%." Has anyone tested the oem correction value using radar or anything? Please let me know if anyone has. thanks in advance!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
It's off...I went by a radar pull on the side of the road today and my gauge said 45mph but the radar said 42mph

^^^That's just an example man, but I have tested this with gps and yes are stock gearing with are speedo's are off I think 2-3% sounds a little better

·
Registered
524 Posts
I used my Garmin and it was off my -7.5 That is the number I put into my speedohealer. I then tested it with my Garmin as well as the random radar board that is up in school zone by my work and it is spot on.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
abprep07-what year is your bike?
ikaika- You are saying our speedometers are off by -7.5% stock? You don't have any different sprockets or tire size?

·
Registered
524 Posts
abprep07-what year is your bike?
ikaika- You are saying our speedometers are off by -7.5% stock? You don't have any different sprockets or tire size?
Correct my friend. Now that was how off my bike was completely stock. No change in sprockets or tire size. I would use a GPS as your bike might not be as off as mine. Now I have since then gone +4 on my rear sprocket and after doing the GPS/radar testing, my setting now is -17.2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts