Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gotta do something about the rear. Has anyone had there shock reworked? And who has tried an ohlins or penske? Info please!!!!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
8981 Penske here. Just enough adjustment to avoid getting confused. As always a great component.

BD

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
damn bd.

i thought you were all spray paint and tire gloss.

i didnt know you really had some good shit.

i think the blue wheels through me off.

respect to you bd!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Penske 8987 Triple adjustable, and damn I wish I had more. Stock shock is a pile at anything more than comfortable street pace. If you contact Phil at Aftershocks Suspension, he has a lot of experience with ZX10s and aftermarket shocks.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
i would love to try out an aftermarket.

i have always changed out the suspensions on almost every car that i have ever owned.

yet i have only ran stock on bikes.

i have yet to understand the true potential that bikes have.

mabye one day.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I like the looks of that new canadian shock damn I cant remember the name, it had the anodized red casing covers, somebody help me out

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Anyone know if Hyperpro has a rear shock for the 10 yet? I'd like to match it with the steering damper.

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
BD's rearsets are the Attack's.

I have an Ohlins 46PRXLS shock, but have not tried it out yet. Will be testing the new suspension and brakes on January 7th.

later...Ara-mri

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I dont remember see the pics posted ara?

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Here is the shock and the Brembo M/C, The fork pics will be up on monday.

later...Ara-mri

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
The Ohlins rear shock sho is pretty....

P...u...t d...o...w...n t...h..e p..h..o..n..e..... C.r.e.d.i.t c.a.r.d h.u.r.t a.l.r.e.a.d.y.....

aaaauuuurrrrrggggggg.... The temptation!!! BD, tell me again how the Penski is better??? There's no Gold annodizing. How could it be better???? :dontknow:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I've had the pleasure of using both shocks but on diff bikes and have never been disappointed in either in terms of product quality/reliability. Depending on which model you purchase will determine what bells n whistles you get or not so the more knobs and screws there are for tweekin it the more $$$ ya pay.

I like change, so therefore i am.:cool:

BD

1 - 20 of 23 Posts