Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I stand behind my bike and push down on the back seat...it takes FOREVER for it to come back up to normal height. That's bad rebound isn't it? I know the rear shocks on these bikes kinda suck for highway riding but what can I do to make it better? I've tried tuning it but I don't want to fuck with it too much. I got my front forks tuned to where I LOVE them, I might take a little more compression out for normal riding but I love the feel through the front when I hit bumps. I always thought the rear was pretty bouncy on the road but maybe it's just because of the shock being cold right now. Any help please?:dontknow:

·
Registered
474 Posts
If the shock is slow to return,adjusting rebound would be the the first thing to try.It can also be shock bearings or linkage problems too.But generally thats not a issue with newer bikes.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
The rebound has a lot of wide adjustment , it doesnt take much to jack the bike down , back it off in small increments.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rebound has a lot of wide adjustment , it doesnt take much to jack the bike down , back it off in small increments.
Well what would you reccommend for a rider who's about 190 in gear? I think from the full clockwise position it's turned 2.5 turns? I'm too lazy to go back out and check now.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Rebound adjustments depend a lot on the surface of the road you are riding on, it basically controls the spring frequency as the tire rides the surface and stops the spring from returning to quickly and unloading the wheel.

I would start from zero (which isnt zero rebound) and start winding half turn sweeps until you feel comfortable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts