Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone. My first post here :grin2:

Before posting this, I did a search here and googled about it, but with no luck.

Question is: ZX10R is new to me, and I can't get the mirrors adjusted properly. I can't see if there is someone else just behind me. And when riding with my girl on the back, her knees just block half of the view, specially if she is wearing knee sliders.

Someone feels the same, or am I missing something?

Bike: gen4 2014.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gen 4 mirrors are actually pretty much the best out there. You should try to see what's behind you on a Gen 2!
Hehehehe. Saw you on another post praising gen4 mirrors. I like them and don't want a replacement. Just want to know if someone else shares the same feeling of me.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I agree with evilaugust. The Gen 4 mirrors are the best I've ever used but like every sportbike ever made, I still have to shift my body to the side to clear a view to directly behind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with evilaugust. The Gen 4 mirrors are the best I've ever used but like every sportbike ever made, I still have to shift my body to the side to clear a view to directly behind.
I didn't had to do this with my ex-R1 or my Gixxer. But maybe I'm just not used to them enough. Thanks for the reply :wink2:

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
Don't ride with a passenger until you sort the bike. Head check always needed as can't trust the dang mirrors.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have mine where the left mirror doesn't look what's behind, but rather more to the left to capture the typical blind spot. The right mirror is more for what's behind me and looking right for some reason seems easier. Also, I typically change lanes to the left, not right to go around cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts