Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I meed a mid pipe to fit only zx10r 2011 and I have a Yoshimura r77 carbon slip on help need a.mid pipe so I can lose the cat conv

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
333 Posts
You'll have to cut the cat out. It's not bolted like the Gen 2 model. Or you could put a Gen 2 header on and buy the cat delete pipe and go about it that way.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
You'll have to cut the cat out. It's not bolted like the Gen 2 model. Or you could put a Gen 2 header on and buy the cat delete pipe and go about it that way.
Yes it is.
And the 2nd gen header wont fit it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have a 2004 Gen 1 and i can assure you that the cat and butterfly exhaust valve are a welded part of the header. I have looked extensively for that very purpose. As for the Gen 2 header not fitting the Gen 1 you're probably right. I just assumed it would fit since so many other parts are interchangable. My bad.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
I have a 2004 Gen 1 and i can assure you that the cat and butterfly exhaust valve are a welded part of the header. I have looked extensively for that very purpose. As for the Gen 2 header not fitting the Gen 1 you're probably right. I just assumed it would fit since so many other parts are interchangable. My bad.
Well that must be some miss understanding here.

The OP asked just what material the 1st gen mid pipe was made.
Which is Ti.

Then someone asked about the cat on a 4th gen. Which is that big box bolted to the headers.

But the cat on the 1st gen is actually on the muffler.
The butterfly is indeed welded to the headers, but the cat is inside the stock can.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I was gonna say, I just had the most baffled moment ever reading that. :lol: I thought Gen 2 header was compatible to Gen 1?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts