Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know for hayabusa's a very popular mod is to get a performance web or megacycle intake cam and put the stock intake cam in place of the exhaust cam. Does anyone know if it is possible to put the kawasaki race cam in and use the stock intake in place of the exahust? Or maybe a cam from anouther year or model. I know gixxer cams are swappable from different years and models.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I have done it, you can do it as well but its kinda tricky and you need the right tools to modify the stock one, the metal is extremely hard, I broke 2 taps doing so..... its possible but with a stock motor there isn't much to be gained unless fine tuned.... I don't have access to the dyno sheets that i have done with that testing but it didn't yield me any more hp with stock pistons down. Now that I have a built motor and larger displacement I might modify a stock one i have layin around again.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Thats where the time and money factor comes in lol...... I used a I think 4mm bolt and drilled and tapped the camshaft. I basically got the position of the sensor.... drilled it in the same spot on the intake side.... tapped it.... and ran the bolt threw it.... then I measured the height of the cam position lobe and ground down the bolt to copy the lobe on the exhaust cam..... I was running it on my bike for a while and when i tore my motor down I sold it and I was going to make a new one.... never had the time so threw in the stock exhaust but I Want to do it again I just dont have the tools now so it will have to wait.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thats where the time and money factor comes in lol...... I used a I think 4mm bolt and drilled and tapped the camshaft. I basically got the position of the sensor.... drilled it in the same spot on the intake side.... tapped it.... and ran the bolt threw it.... then I measured the height of the cam position lobe and ground down the bolt to copy the lobe on the exhaust cam..... I was running it on my bike for a while and when i tore my motor down I sold it and I was going to make a new one.... never had the time so threw in the stock exhaust but I Want to do it again I just dont have the tools now so it will have to wait.
Yep. It works :ayyy:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I think on a stock motor it wont show much gain but on a modified it will. Theres not much performance to be gained on the exhaust side of the cams.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts