Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking to see if anyone has upgraded their stock horn to something more impressive? By impressive, I mean significantly louder.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,715 Posts
Race bikes don't need horns. Rip that thing off to save weight and put a louder exhaust on it. :badteeth: Or try one of these things...Motorcycle Horns

Reactions: Capncalyx

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yep. I use either a Brocks or Leo Vince horn. Damn things scream around 12K. And yes, people a block ahead and in cars in front can hear it ;)

Reactions: SkyDork

·
Registered
101 Posts
Checking to see if anyone has upgraded their stock horn to something more impressive? By impressive, I mean significantly louder.
You can put anything you want as long as you can find space to install and run new wires directly from the battery with a relay because more impressive horn's usually need more power. Most of the time you have to make custom brackets to install. The battery will suffer if you use it a lot. I may have used my horn once or twice a year if that and I have the stock muffler and stock horn like it is very low key and polite where I live. If it was me I'd go to my local junkyard and get a set off a car or truck that looks compact enough with a similar bracket as the stock horn on the bike and double up otherwise you have to find space somewhere in the fairings. Used is better because of recycling because it saves the environment and you pay less too. I'd also look into the Harley side of things because they have some good compact options.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've successfully used the FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn on a number of my gen 4 ZX-10R bikes, they just fit inside the right-hand side fairing. They come in a low and high note, my preference is for the low note.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,116 Posts
The gen 1 has enough space in the tail faring to stick a compressor for an air horn, the 60 dollar deals found at most autoparts stores. Main challenge after figuring out where to mount the horn is getting the damn compressor not to vibrate loose from the air line. Fuckers are stupid loud though, will definitely make a driver in the car in front and next to you sit straight up and look around to try and figure out who honked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts