Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2016 and wondering what the stock gearing (front & back sprocket) is and if the chain is a 520? Because its used I'm not sure if the guy did any changes? Anyone know? Thanks for the help guys!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you clean the chain, it is stamped, so is the sprockets
My chain is spotless and for the life of me I can not see/find it on the chain. Sprocket, yeah easy to see the teeth but not chain size (520/525).....but if you read my post I was asking the stock gearing as I bought the bike used and didn't know

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My chain is spotless and for the life of me I can not see/find it on the chain. Sprocket, yeah easy to see the number stamp (amount of teeth) but no luck on the chain size (520/525).....but if you read my post I was asking the stock gearing as I bought the bike used and didn't know
Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went down one in front, and want to go up two in the rear on my 2012 which is the recommended changes. going down one in the front made a big difference didn't stall as much. Bike is fast but deceptive, heading to to the rear should really liven it up some more and I just ride it infrequently for a quick little sport

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stock throttle sucks too you can barely turn it far enough in one rotation by hand to get full throttle. there used to be a guy on here called rifleman's that people bought inserts which would shorten the twist but I seem to have a hard time finding him now. there are aftermarket throttles out there for a nice chunk of change that would make a big difference because you really have to work it to get full throttle. I originally had the first R1 and that was much scarier, pretty much had an explosion at 5 grand with a pipe and jet kit. My ECU has been flashed and I have a Graves slip on and locally I had it Dynoed, 172 at the rear wheel. It helped a lot but still not frightening.. I prefer them scary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts