Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took the bike around some really mild sweepers at like 60-75 mph. Stock suspension sag and rear shock shimmed so the rear is raised a little. I've been told the Gen 4 almost requires rear shimming.

I'm only 145 lbs so I'm not a heavy guy stressing the front end. They were mild sweepers. I didn't even brake before, during, or after the turns. There were only 15-20 turns and I only spent 30 mins riding these turns that are mostly lefts. I thought I put a lot of stress on the rear when coming out of the sweepers but my rear is still good.

Although I was kneedragging it was only at 70 or so.

I've been riding for years and never experienced something like this. I've beat down tires on the track and still had some tread. Riding this past weekend was VERY mild.

Are stock Bridgestones prone to wear? I have a set of Q3s going on it but I don't want to instantly wear the front after a few turns.

Left side is bald.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
2900 miles on tires. Very slow rider.

Should I remove the rear shim?

Rear.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
2900 miles on tires. Very slow rider.

Should I remove the rear shim?

Rear.
Those bt016 wear fast on front tires it's been discussed at lenghth it's not your set up or ridding style. My front is worn too and the rear looks new. Q3s should be real nice. I'm going with Bridgestone hypersport s20r.

Wow just noticed your wear pattern. My front tire is at the lip/edge and my rear has the chicken strip. I need the rear shim because I see now I'm way more biased to the front tire.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Its normal. After only 1100 miles on the stock front, I had the front literally looking like ^ and completely slick on both shoulders and deep tread in the middle.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I wore out the front bridgstone on my Gen 3 before the rear which is really weird. Must be a bridgstone thing.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
This is weird. I have never once defended a tire for getting long life but my 016s are doing great. The front still has a ton of life in it. The rear is getting chewed up a bit on the sides-maybe 20% left at best on the sides and a fair bit more down the middle. I have close to 3000 on the set.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I realize that the wear is a little premature but cmon.....15 or so gentle 70mph sweepers shouldn't disintegrate the side like that.

I have track this weekend and was planning on riding with the stockers. Luckily I ordered a set of Q3's when they had that mail in rebate deal. I could have been SOL.

Thanks for the responses guys. I searched but apparently not hard enough. After extensive searching, everyone's had this problem on OEMs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the same exact issue with a se of BT16 that came with a new previous sport bike, Even had my suspension checked just to make sure there wasn't something wrong with it. I believe that the tires that come with the bike from the factory when new are not the same as the replacement that we all buy afterwards, JMO.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I was about to buy a set of these. Cyclegear is doing a good sale on these tires. They are $240 otd for a set of 120&190. They also have the Pirelli for the same price. If you're bashing these tires then I may go with the Pirelli.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts