Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,735 Posts
Well, I have a Shorai lithium in my G5. The OEM battery is on the bench as backup. I can try and weigh it later when I get home and post it up here if not one else beats me to it by then. The Shorai is a lot lighter though. :lol:

Reactions: scout

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I will weigh it in a hour or so Victors!Shorai is so light as Skygod said it feels Iike it's a hard plastic case with no internals!it will be close to 2lbs easy!in the ?? world and not the way Noah weighed his ?????it will be easy 1kg+!the only reason I refer to the ?? system is to look after a very dear friend of mine who I hold in high regard!especially after his lovely comments about my bike a little while ago!?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems most of the lithium are between 1 and 2lbs. I'm just curious what the oem non abs battery weighs. Appreciate the help guys.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
He is Victors!you must understand Scout and his sometimes different logic!never take anything to offence mate honestly he a nice bloke who does mean well!I haver never witnessed 1 form of belittling!nastiness to a single member since 2013 and I do consider him 1 of the good guys!yes sometimes unconventional in some of his posts but he buys a bike to ride it!not do fix what he considers not "broke",well servicing and oil changers are what I would say "on another level" or maybe to do with a "conspiracy theory"that would add finances to the corrupt misleading leaders that leads his side of the globe!corrupt and misleading are not my words but past quotes✌

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
If my Shorai weighs 2lbs I will bare my ass in Burke st Melbourne Australia!I will weigh both!its 6.15am let the Sun come up first

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
He is Victors!you must understand Scout and his sometimes different logic!never take anything to offence mate honestly he a nice bloke who does mean well!I haver never witnessed 1 form of belittling!nastiness to a single member since 2013 and I do consider him 1 of the good guys!yes sometimes unconventional in some of his posts but he buys a bike to ride it!not do fix what he considers not "broke",well servicing and oil changers are what I would say "on another level" or maybe to do with a "conspiracy theory"that would add finances to the corrupt misleading leaders that leads his side of the globe!corrupt and misleading are not my words but past quotes✌
Yes, I read a lot, for sure. Dang, just flashed on those Roos on Steroids photos. For sure I'd have a on pit catch and about three hard ass hounds around the house. Hounds will worry muscles and the pit will make muscles regret running into your place. idk for sure. Ranchers there must have a solution.

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
Are you fucking serious?
g5 is simply heavy; nothing you can do about weight once you dump the oem can; BUT you can gain confidence with practice, which is a mega problem for you.

confidence is the key and Code points the way.

If 2019 10rs are heavy, I'll be switching supers if I find a lighter one with in line four and not the stupid r1 cross.

Heavy equates to faster tire wear meaning way more money.

If anything upsets you that I say, pay no attention. We all have a starting point. Been there.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,735 Posts
g5 is simply heavy; nothing you can do about weight once you dump the oem can; BUT you can gain confidence with practice, which is a mega problem for you.

If 2019 10rs are heavy, I'll be switching supers if I find a lighter one with in line four and not the stupid r1 cross.

If anything upsets you that I say, pay no attention. We all have a starting point. Been there.

Scout, you're way too hung up on that weight number. That number alone is meaningless. It has more to do with the way that weight is distributed, where it is on the bike (front, rear, high, low), and how it makes the bike handle. You need to get off that mentality that lighter is always better. After owning and riding a G2, G3, G4, and now a G5 I can tell you the heavier G5 is the best of them all.

The weight has only a miniscule impact on tire life. And the most effective way to manage that tire life is with your throttle hand being smooth and sticking to a diet plan. On a bike that weighs 420-435lbs, a 180-240lb rider in the seat makes way more difference. Wanna drop weight? Lay off the donuts, take a big poo in the morning, and do your loops on a mountain bike a few days a week. No need to change super sports thinking it will be better because it's lighter . For that matter, a Ninja 300 is way lighter than a G4.:idea: Tires on that are cheaper too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Half the shit you say has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Wtf does any of that have to do with how much the oem battery weighs?

Btw, I'll gladly put my heavy gen5 or my light gen4 and my riding ability up against yours, anyday.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Relax it's a public forum!people can say what they want as long as their not calling you a c.nt!Ive mentioned the weights asked and was that a waste of time pulling the Sharai out and passing on the numbers of oem and Shorai!ffs chill out!its not a hate session!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Relax it's a public forum!people can say what they want as long as their not calling you a c.nt!Ive mentioned the weights asked and was that a waste of time pulling the Sharai out and passing on the numbers of oem and Shorai!ffs chill out!its not a hate session!
Technically it's not a public forum.. fyi

It's not a hate session. More often than not his posts are complete nonsense and he knows better then to respond that way to me. It's insanity.

Btw, thanks for the info! That was actually helpful.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Technically isn't it the ZX10R public who joins the forum!we are not members of privileged clan that must prove we have common sense!a high IQ and are willing to listen,learn and be able to take someone else's views!ok Scout said something that could of been a little strange but shit haven't we all said something out of blue at times!all I'm saying is we all have the ability to look past something that's said that's irrelevant!take people for what they are we are all so different in many ways and even I have asked myself "what the f.ck was that answer about"!Victors all I'm saying is take things with a grain of salt he's not out to make you look like a pleb mate!maybe just put your point across to him as to why you asked the question!only a suggestion mate and I'm only trying to be diplomatic and not taking sides

1 - 17 of 17 Posts