Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything else besides a dampner? What are the pro's and con's between the GPR and ohlins if any? I hear talk about front brakes, I ride hard and plan to track as much as possible on it, so upgrade the lines and MC? Should i not sweat it and just ride it?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Anything else besides a dampner? What are the pro's and con's between the GPR and ohlins if any? I hear talk about front brakes, I ride hard and plan to track as much as possible on it, so upgrade the lines and MC? Should i not sweat it and just ride it?
Suspension,brakes,damper are all good ideas for everyday riding let alone the track so yes break out the CC. :wink:

BD

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
A damper is a must no matter what kind of riding you do. I'm running an Ohlins on my 04 and have no complaints.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Get a radial master cyclinder (Brembo) and steel lines then the new 07 model GPR is the Shitzzz good tires and have the suspension set up for sure. Then you will feel like the rest of us you can't wipe the grin off our faces :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Are you sure your ready for a ZX10..... I think it may just be to much for you....

Being that you ride that GMC dump truck around, the 10 may be waaaay too much for you to handle...... :heyyou:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you sure your ready for a ZX10..... I think it may just be to much for you....

Being that you ride that GMC dump truck around, the 10 may be waaaay too much for you to handle...... :heyyou:

I think you know the answer to that question..............

Just cause you want to ride men and are afraid to admit it doesnt mean you can take your fustrations out on me....:crackup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ride it and see what you feel it needs, pointless spending money on mods you don't need!

Having said that, personally with my 05 I did the following.

Brembo radial m/c (stock item needs help in a big way)
Braided lines basically its a fashion decision all of them are good these days
Fixed the air intake snorkels (there are some good pics on here about this)
BMC Race air filter and clean it lots the air filters are small and seem to vaccum the road clean ;-)
Factory pro shifter mod, very nice, well worth it
Kawasaki race computer (still have it for sale)
Micron serpent full system (I have dynoed just about all of the exhausts for these things and this makes the best power in terms of usability not bad peak power either)
Made a set of velocity stacks for it
Advanced the inlet cam 1.5 degrees over stock
Front fork cartridges started with Traxxion, modified these, and then went the Ohlins route, a useful improvement.
Rear I went for Ohlins 46PRXLS and modified the damping a bit
Striped the steering head and cleaned the bearing seats out and reassembled sometimes the factory catches up the frame coating making the bearings sit at an angle (slight) this is a good thing to do!

Didn't fit a steering damper it simply didn't need it

With this done it was just great, it was a missile and handled just wonderful, the brakes were never as good as the rest of the package tho.... If I had the bucks I would probably go the Brembo route for calipers, very nice...

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I'm glad I had my Ohlins, just the other day I hit a few little bumps in 3rd flat out, the bars still crossed up a little, not enough for me to back off or have a trouser moment, but sure did scare the crap out of oncoming traffic.

I know I have had several moments when the stabilizer has helped me out.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
I'm glad I had my Ohlins, just the other day I hit a few little bumps in 3rd flat out, the bars still crossed up a little, not enough for me to back off or have a trouser moment, but sure did scare the crap out of oncoming traffic.

I know I have had several moments when the stabilizer has helped me out.

:+1: especially on the track.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
dampner, 16 tooth front, and tires (replace those stocks once worn w some conti attacks or pilot powers), exhaust, pc3, TRE, and perhaps a bmc race filter because if you have over 6k on that beast the stock will be dirty so why not upgrade. and if youre feeling gully go for the 1/5th throttle mod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts