Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been running Pirelli's for awhile now and have gone through 3 sets of Diablo Rosso Corsa's (before then, countless sets of Corsa III's). I completely love them. Dont have the opportunity to do any track days here in Hawaii but I do a lot of aggressive riding on the weekends. Anyways, I am in need of a new set pretty soon but the shop I go to told me they have a special deal on the Power Pures. I would be saving a little over $100 if I go with the Power Pures! That is a significant savings.

I was just curious to those that have run both sets of tires, which do you prefer and why.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry guys, should have put this post in the Suspension and Tire Tech discussion board.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I don't have any experience with the purrs but plenty with the corsa and 2ct's. I'd say stick with Pirelli! To me they have more feel, better grip, just more confidence inspiring. Especially on the street. Tires are 1 place I don't care about saving. Get the best. Stick with what you know works! Just my opinion though

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I thought the Power Pures were king until I stepped up to Bridgestone BT003RS and later the R10s. You can do better than the Power Pures.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
I ride the Pirellis on the track and I love them. They can slip a bit on a cold pavement, but once things warm up, they are really sticky. I ride 2CT on the street and they aren't half bad, but I'm not pushing them as hard.

I'm not going to try the Michelins on the track, most likely my next tires will be BT003.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I hated My pures, no feel.
Stick with the Pirelli.
I also didnt like the Pilot Pures much at all after running quite a few sets of Pilot Powers...

...and now I cant find them anywhere so now Diablo Rosso Corsas have come up... its either those or Conti Sport Attack 2's .. :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,128 Posts
pilot pures are discontinued or in the process. stick with the pirellis. im running the corsa rossos and on my 2nd set and love them compared to michelins. the only michelin i would use would be the power ones.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought the Power Pures were king until I stepped up to Bridgestone BT003RS and later the R10s. You can do better than the Power Pures.
Pures are shit. R10s or even S20's are the go. The r10 is a more track spec road legal tyre where the S20 is more road spec but you can track it. Love the S20's (ran them on my gen3) on the road. Great feel and heaps of feed back. Hold on right till the death and ya get 4000ks out them. did I say I love the S20's. As soon as the std 016's are dead on the new 10 i'm fitting a set of S20's.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had power pure's on my r1 and they were rubbish. On the road they gripped but didn't inspire confidence and on track they got so hot they lost grip and were sliding all over the place. I'd go for the Diablo Rosso Corsa or Metzler K3's. If you do a fair few track days I'd go for the Metzler as they have mega grip and are still streetable, however they do wear faster than the Diablos. Otherwise I'd go the Pirelli route.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
go with a set of Q2's, they're $230-$270 a set, and are one of the best street/track tires on the market. but to answer your question, stick to the pirelli if that's your only 2 options. i'd say make a 3rd and get a set of Q2's!

·
Registered
124 Posts
i'd like to add that it's also a different "feeling" when diving into a corner.

the pures make you feel like you fall into a corner, whereas you need to lean and drive the corsa's into a corner...i like feeling planted and would slap on another set of corsa's without a second thought

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'd totally agree. I would never buy another set of power pure's. Go for the Pirelli's.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fast road riding... no track time
My experience has been pilot power 2ct which I found almost perfect.... bit slippy in wet..... moving on to pilot pure... no confidence in them at all.... anytime....like grease coated in the wet.
Currently running the road 3 and so far have no complaints at all..... so grippy I have changed my riding style to keep the front down.
ugly tread but worth it

·
Registered
755 Posts
i'd like to add that it's also a different "feeling" when diving into a corner.

the pures make you feel like you fall into a corner, whereas you need to lean and drive the corsa's into a corner...i like feeling planted and would slap on another set of corsa's without a second thought
This sums up my personal experience with the pures aswell, never again.. I love my Corsa's and am onto my 3rd set now :smile:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts