Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Finally I got my second stolen motorcycle back, however; it is in pretty bad shape. I will have to work on it quite a bit, before I can bring it back on the road. I do not trust locks at all now, and full coverage is really very expensive for me. So I am looking at some alternatives.

My first aim is to find a best/ cheapest/ one time fee tracking system out there. Anyone has worked on it yet?

1. Lowjack... its expensive, sends a signal after 20 mins, and as I have heard so far, can not be transfered from one bike to another (incase I sell and buy a new one).

2. GPS Tracking services... most of them require a monthly service, and will not/ may not work if the bike is taken in a closed metal van...

3. I am working on a cell phone application. We see all the time that the police finds the location of a person using cell phones, why cant we locate the position of a motorcycle, by planting a cell phone in it.

I have researched a lot, and it can be done. The best way to do that would be to get a prepaid cell phone service, that only charge when you use it... it should have a data plan... and have in built gps. Then a software to install in it. And then we should be able to get location via text msg, or call.

Anyone ever worked on it, or has knowledge that he/ she can share? Please let us know.
Thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
honestly if i had my bike stolen twice ill be rocking full coverage. I know its a bitch but your are in a high place for bikes to be stolen. Me personaly I won't skemp out on anything even lowjack might be worth it for you. Other then that I am not aware of any GPS tracking system that is a one time fee. Not sure if you will find a place or not. You might want to find yourself a self storage place for your bike and maybe keep it there? Sucks hope the best for ya

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
guidepoint has no monthly charge for basic coverage (my understanding - they will track it if you report it missing for free, but have other services that cost additional per month).

And, I carry full coverage. Had one bike stolen/wadded, paid for my insurance for a few years to come.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts