Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Well, even though I couldn't feel any slop last night when I jacked the front up and tested for it per the shop manual, tightenin' the head bearing nut cured my headshake and sloppy handlin'. Just got back from a finger freezin' 30 mile test ride around a pretty twisty little loop around where I live and I think it handles and rides smoother in the front than it did new.

Thanks to all who shared info on this maintainance issue. It's awesome to be able to diagnose and fix my own problems instead of havin' to rely on and pay the dealer everything it needs somethin' like this done. I may tackle the sticky/grabby clutch clean-up thing that gladding posted a while back next.

Speakin' of gladding, where has he been? I haven't seen any posts out of him in a while.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Feel free to send a tax deductible donation to 'BD's lill Whore House' :smile:

BD

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Feel free to send a tax deductible donation to 'BD's lill Whore House' :smile:

BD
Here ya go...

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Is there anyway mine could be loose and I justs haven't noticed it?
Dudes,
Sunday when I was taking my moto safety course, I was thinking about this thread and how i get nearly uncontrollable headshake all the time....

and so I looked at those nuts that hold the bearings on and remembered where the grooves were, and then later looked and they had changed positions in less than an hour.:eyecrazy:
Does anyone know if the warrenty will cover this. I like to work on my own stuff but I'm not a good mechanic, and I worry about not getting the torque correct.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Hey BD, if anyone gets any cash off of this, I think I should. I am pretty sure that I was the first to mention this. And I got a bunch of crap from some of the peeps here when I did. So when you cough up the big bucks for my free advice don't forget to send a little extra for all the trauma I had to endure. Yea, and pain and suffering. I think I am scarred for life.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Damn trolls never give up, get outta my neighborhood will ya son :mrgreen:

BD

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
hillcountry10r said:
Dudes,
Sunday when I was taking my moto safety course, I was thinking about this thread and how i get nearly uncontrollable headshake all the time....

and so I looked at those nuts that hold the bearings on and remembered where the grooves were, and then later looked and they had changed positions in less than an hour.:eyecrazy:
Does anyone know if the warrenty will cover this. I like to work on my own stuff but I'm not a good mechanic, and I worry about not getting the torque correct.
With this being part of the 600mi service I do not think this would be covered. This is a maintenance item, not a defect item.
I had to remove the clipons to get the top part off. Just tighten the bottom nut 1/8 of a turn and then tighten the top nut (hand tight, but I made mine a bit tighter to make sure she didn't back off).

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
steeing head bearing can usually be tweaked every time you do an oil change....simple and easy....if the bearing is set, the lock nut is tighten down, not a tone of lbs needed and then the top triple when tighted will push on the lock nut...the nuts should not just be spinning...

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
BD you should set up a neighborhood task force to get the trolls out

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Fugg it... I'm just gonna take the bearings out and toss 'em in the trash. To Hell with havin' to check & tighten 'em all the time. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Ya think!! hell just weld the fuggers and be done wwith it!!

BD

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Damn trolls never give up, get outta my neighborhood will ya son :mrgreen:

BD
BD, you better watch out. I come from the most litigious city in the country. This is where the Ford Exploder/Firestone suit started. Not only that but the Chevrolet pickup truck fuel tank class action suit and the Pinto fuel tank lawsuit. You can't cheat me. I have my rights.

Not only that but, if you don't fork over with the big bucks, I will never vote for you as post whore again. Fuggar....

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
zeta xray said:
BD, you better watch out. I come from the most litigious city in the country. This is where the Ford Exploder/Firestone suit started. Not only that but the Chevrolet pickup truck fuel tank class action suit and the Pinto fuel tank lawsuit. You can't cheat me. I have my rights.

Not only that but, if you don't fork over with the big bucks, I will never vote for you as post whore again. Fuggar....
I'm cryin!! ya sure thats not where steers & sheep are nervous??

BD

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
is andy willingly to pay moe the vote?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
and here i thought in was in my fingers :thumbsup:

BD

81 - 100 of 113 Posts