Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else think that the dampner is crap with it all the way hard still wobbles?....and does anyone know if ohlins products are really better then that?

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
the damper isn't the problem if you get headshake...its something else...

the damper just masks the problem.

You need to check your suspension settings and be sure not to grip the bars tight.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
the damper isn't the problem if you get headshake...its something else...

the damper just masks the problem.

You need to check your suspension settings and be sure not to grip the bars tight.
I agree with ya Hill and want to add that the stock Ohlins is somewhat junk because it is built per Kaw. specs. The aftermarket Ohlins are a hell of alot better and are considered one of the best. I'm wondering if one could send the stock damper to Ohlins and have it built back to their specs and what the cost would be.

You do need to sort out the suspension to match your weight and riding style. Do a search because there is plenty of threads about setting the sag and stuff.

Tread

·
Registered
360 Posts
junk the stocker and spend 3 or 400 for a real ohlins or sprint. i had a scotts on my 04 and i loved it. but you might not dig that style.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what you mean by checking suspension? do you mean the settings or something wrong like something broke or lost?....

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I want to place a bet.....tires....d209's
Probably race scuffs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts