Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a steering damper but im not sure what to get. Ive heard some are active and some got clicks to set how hard it should be?

Dont wanna adjust the spring just because I slow down and come into a city or very small road. :wink:

Any suggestions?

:zx_green:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
There is a ton of variables (and opinions) which spring from how the bike is being used.
Thing with Scotts rotary is, don't set anything. Just use it as it is sent to you. After awhile as you learn more, the answers come, but for starters, Ya can't beat a damper that has the widest range of being what a damper does, and Scotts has unique valve system to provide that.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Scotts

There is a ton of variables (and opinions) which spring from how the bike is being used.
Thing with Scotts rotary is, don't set anything. Just use it as it is sent to you. After awhile as you learn more, the answers come, but for starters, Ya can't beat a damper that has the widest range of being what a damper does, and Scotts has unique valve system to provide that.
I have a Scotts I ride it two clicks from maxed out everywhere. GPR is nice as well.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I have a reactive hyperpro and love it. It looks good and works very well functionally. Honestly for riding you will probably set it in one spot and never change it. However it is nice to click it all the way down when you are having to move the bike around the garage. I keep mine at about the mid point setting which gives good feel in all situations without making it too hard to move around. There is no need to adjust it when in city traffic vs out riding the curves.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a reactive hyperpro and love it. It looks good and works very well functionally. Honestly for riding you will probably set it in one spot and never change it. However it is nice to click it all the way down when you are having to move the bike around the garage. I keep mine at about the mid point setting which gives good feel in all situations without making it too hard to move around. There is no need to adjust it when in city traffic vs out riding the curves.
You know a store that sends worldwide since my country (sweden) doesnt import hyperpro? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Gpr's are nice!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
When I bought my bike they told me the Ohlins was a good damper but after the first week I found that it was not what I needed. I needed something a little more versatile, So im going with the GPR

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
You know a store that sends worldwide since my country (sweden) doesnt import hyperpro? :dontknow:
Yeesh man. I have no idea. I'm sure anyone would send it for the right price. Try superbikesupply.com since they are a site sponser. You could also try pipecity.com if they can't or even muzzys.com. All those places offer them here in the states.

·
Registered
858 Posts
:+1: I love my hyperpro.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
No doubt you will be happy with the hyperpro. No real point of pointing out that the lineal /active dampers have been tested and fall short (too little too late) of the rotary Scotts (because of the valves) and the rotary Scotts is Ohlins/Scotts. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts