Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was thinking of replacing the stock lines. Is it a pain in the ass or is it worth it for the performance aspect? Thanks

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
It's worth it. A little paint to bleed but not too bad. I've done it several times now.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Totally worth it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
They can be a pain to bleed,I did mine manually.
Total time for the front end 2 lines from the master was a hour (Galfer)
You will definetly notice a difference,it gives you a solid constant brake under heavy braking.
I used to notice under heavy braking the handle would fade with the stock lines.Maybe due to swelling of the lines.But the stockers looked pretty solid also.
The Galfers ran about $100.00 for 2 lines from the master,custom cut for your model year specific,no excess line flopping around up front.
I bought Galfer greens for the green 06 I own.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
just did my rear brake line with spiegler SS brake lines... they look sick and it took about 20 minutes....

i have the handy dandy mity vac pump and that things is the balls... bleed the brakes in literly about 5 seconds

i recommend buyin that thing... its just an awesome tool

·
Registered
524 Posts
just did my rear brake line with spiegler SS brake lines... they look sick and it took about 20 minutes....

i have the handy dandy mity vac pump and that things is the balls... bleed the brakes in literly about 5 seconds

i recommend buyin that thing... its just an awesome tool

Spiegler and Mity-Vac combo here too. Awesome combo. Yea, it's worth it. :thumbsup:

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
every new bike i get the first mod i do is braided lines, sintered pads and high temp fluid. takes about an hour and recommend the mighty vac pump for bleeding.

·
Registered
586 Posts
HEL's, Motul RBF600 and the Mity vac here. SS braided lines not only look great, they dont flex like the stock rubber lines, definitely a good mod.

·
Registered
447 Posts
agreed, good mod, just lay some towels all around the resovior so it dosent get brake fluid on the paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts